Biomed undergraduate considering finance/accounting? Watch

Madmaks
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm currently a 3rd (final) year biomedical sciences undergraduate and am trying to find a career path outside my field of study-mainly because of a diminishing interest-i still find it interesting but i don't really have a "passion" for it. This is also why i'm not thinking about a masters/phd or postgraduate medicine-the last thing i want is to change my mind after paying years of tuition fees. My parents suggested accounting a while ago which made me consider finance in general. But have no idea where to start-knowing what conversion education is required, acquiring relevant work experience, and what i can realistically do and can't do compared to a finance graduate. How should i go about researching a career in this field?
hamzaahmad786
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Finance and accounting are different subjects (although finance will include an element of accounting).

Both subjects can open doors different careers and you are not restricted to one, although you can expect accountants typically go into /accounts/audit/bookkeeping where as finance people work in insurance/trading/asset management/investment etc.

There is loads of useful information on TSR, be sure to visit prospects.ac.uk for more info.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (98)
18.96%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (329)
63.64%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.64%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise