Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Math/Further Math modules on UCAS

    • Thread Starter


    I'm doing maths and further maths a levels.
    I did C1, C2, FP1, M1, M2, S1 and D1 in year 12. I received As in all of them except for D1 and M2, where I got Cs. I'm retaking D1 and M2. My school does not cash in AS levels for students doing both maths and further maths.

    They advised me to put in UCAS only the A level, and not the AS level, as it has not been cashed in.
    So the format I put it in UCAS is:

    Mathematics (A Level) - pending:
    C1 - A
    C2 - A
    S1 - A

    Further Mathematics A level - pending:
    FP1 - A
    M1 - A

    Because I'm retaking D1 and M2, I did not put in my first C grade in.

    Is this okay? Is the format in which I put in my modules acceptable for unis?

    Probably best to attach M1 and S1 to maths and S2 to further maths.
    • Thread Starter

    (Original post by AlexS101)
    Probably best to attach M1 and S1 to maths and S2 to further maths.
    Besides that, is everything else okay? Is the fact that I did not put in an AS Level Maths or Further Maths going to put me at a disadvantage? Or is just putting in the A level sufficient?
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:



Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.