Turn on thread page Beta

Creatine watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What are peoples views on it?
    Anyone taking it or had expirences with it?
    More importantly can anyone give me any suggestions on whetre to get it from or any reccomended sites?

ReputationRep:
    You can get it from Holland and Barret. It’s pretty safe to take, but be warned you must work out whilst taking it or you will appear heavily pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    with there being so many different types i have no clue where to start, i work out so im not to worried about that, i wouldnt even mind putting weight on my upper body any ways.
    A few people i know who take it say it has great results but i just get confused as to which 1 to buy?

ReputationRep:
    Try Soya Protein instead, Creatine is quite expensive and tastes like the devils pi*s. Holland and Barret do loadsa different flavours, and they dont taste too bad, it really helped me gain muscle on my upper body.

ReputationRep:
    what kind of build were u prior 2 using and what kind of weights did u lift?

ReputationRep:
    You want whey protein not that horrible casein or soya stuff!!!

As far as creatine goes... some studies have raised health issues surrounding it... whilst others say that it is completely safe...

Creatine will give you an amazing pump, an increase in strength and better recovery, however, if you want to make any gains you must be consuming about 100grams of protein a day... at least.

Its not a magic pill, the gains you make will be down 95% down to your diet and your programme.

ReputationRep:
    and this is in this sub-forum because...............

ReputationRep:
    the safeness of creatine is debatable...

ReputationRep:
    is creatine just a source of protein...whats it meant to do?

ReputationRep:
    I remember somebody posting a similar question recently. Try and search for that thread as you may find it useful.

ReputationRep:
    Search on google for some bodybuilding forums, the men's health one is especially good. The people on there know what they are talking about and you will be able to find out all you need to know just by searching that forum.

Much of the advice (not all) given here on such matters is uninformed crap (sorry, but it's true).

ReputationRep:
    Try getting a proper routine and diet, and theres no need for creatine.

Post up your current diet/training regime?

ReputationRep:
    Eat eat eat, train train train

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyHappyEnding)
    Eat eat eat, train train train
    Dont be shy, tell me the specifics..

ReputationRep:
    BTW, imasillynarb, the White Horse was just featured on a program on SkyOne called "Britain's Toughest Pubs."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    BTW, imasillynarb, the White Horse was just featured on a program on SkyOne called "Britain's Toughest Pubs."
    the white horse in high wycombe? Really??

Wow, that means I go to one of britans toughest pubs, which must mean, Im tough!!

Yeeeeeeeeeah!

ReputationRep:
    One of my mates takes creatine are aspiring to be pro-footballers, I don't really see the point unless your going to be a professional sportsperson. A healthy diet and getting down the gym will be sufficient if your only doing it for well-being etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    One of my mates takes creatine are aspiring to be pro-footballers, I don't really see the point unless your going to be a professional sportsperson. A healthy diet and getting down the gym will be sufficient if your only doing it for well-being etc.
    The funny thing is, 90% of the people who take creatine will have an awful diet/training programme. And as a footballer there is absolutely no need for taking it really..

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.