Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the deal is with playing Games through RESNET?

I tend to play quite a few online games like Tiberium wars, CS: S and BF2142, I also have my 360 hooked up to live via ICS (internet connection sharing) over my PC im assuming this will still work???

ReputationRep:
    well i sent an email to one of the bath tecs, and they said they had many ppl using xbox/ps2/pc etc. over the network
    so a LAN game is feasible but with the connection speed being slow, internet games dont really seem that way.

btw, i also love cs:s and 2142 - 2142 is my fav' at the moment!

ReputationRep:
    There is a way to plug your xbox into the wall and use it as a multi connection thing across your block of halls. I never had a console at uni, but a lot of my friends did.

ReputationRep:
    I dont care about anything apart from my DS!

ReputationRep:
    if system link is the only thing that works that sucks - you could achieve the same effect with a switch and some CAT5 if its too slow

ReputationRep:
    This is going to be terrible. I need xbox live for Halo 3!

ReputationRep:
    You dont really.

ReputationRep:
    Well obviously dipstick. The "need" stresses the importance of it to me!

ReputationRep:
    im sure loads of people will have halo 3 so you can organise games on campus then just take it home over the holidays for demo downloads, updates etc.

ReputationRep:
    True, but I would have liked to play with my mates back home (esp. on co-op 4 player live)

I emailed the Bath tech guy and improvements are being made + the speeds are up to 256k from 128k stated on the resnet page. Hopefully they will get it up to at least 512k (which should only be considered as broadband).

ReputationRep:
    fingers crossed then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flabbergaster)
    True, but I would have liked to play with my mates back home (esp. on co-op 4 player live)

I emailed the Bath tech guy and improvements are being made + the speeds are up to 256k from 128k stated on the resnet page. Hopefully they will get it up to at least 512k (which should only be considered as broadband).
    Read the whole convo about RESNET issues back in June. You should be able to view video by the new year - Thats what they said anyway. I'll have no problems with my 20mb connection anyway:rolleyes:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.