username2485961
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello,How do you revise...

What do you guys do in addition to stuff such as :

Past papers
Going through Notes
Making notes
Exam Technique

What else?
I would love to hear from you all?

Thanks
username2488767
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
I like learning through songs so I used youtube a lot to find revision songs. Some actually really good and I sill remember them now even 2 years after my GCSEs. Also, it doesn't have to be a full song. We just basically were cramming maths revision on the bus for a test in class in year 9 and it stuck with us now even through to A Level. We essentially sang the cosine rule, area of a trapezium etc. as a last minute attempt and it really worked.

Also, I find that getting people to constantly test you is a good way forward. My parents are ususally busy and my friends have their own stuff to revise but if someone offers, take the offer!!
username2485961
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by greghayes)
I like learning through songs so I used youtube a lot to find revision songs. Some actually really good and I sill remember them now even 2 years after my GCSEs. Also, it doesn't have to be a full song. We just basically were cramming maths revision on the bus for a test in class in year 9 and it stuck with us now even through to A Level. We essentially sang the cosine rule, area of a trapezium etc. as a last minute attempt and it really worked.

Also, I find that getting people to constantly test you is a good way forward. My parents are ususally busy and my friends have their own stuff to revise but if someone offers, take the offer!!
Thanks!
That is definitely interesting..

So in addition to the 4 ways of revising i stated,you mentioned via songs and human to human testing...
That is helpful...
Any other ways to revise in addition to:

Past papers
Going through Notes
Making notes
Exam Technique

thanks.
azizadil1998
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
don't do too many past papers now you'll waste them use textbook questions if you can and if you have a revision guide
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.74%
Note taking apps (7)
1.86%
Flashcards (86)
22.87%
Revision guides (19)
5.05%
Past papers (172)
45.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (14)
3.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise