Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Yr 11 and I do AQA Triple Science. I struggle with science due to the technical terms. How do I make understanding and learning the 3 sciences easier and more effective more me so I can retain it for my GCSE's (I prefer using visual aids, simple analogies and relating concepts to real life for notes after I watcha video). Also how do I ensure I remember all the information I learned from B1,B2,C1,C2,P2 and P2 without jeopardising unit 3 tat I'm learning this year. This is because If I was to learn one thing from Unit 1,2 or 3 I'm likely to forget another aspect( e.g. if I was to learn P2 physics I would likely forget to revise the other units for physics or even the other sciences as science takes up a lot of my concentration).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by b.w.s.o)
    I'm in Yr 11 and I do AQA Triple Science. I struggle with science due to the technical terms. How do I make understanding and learning the 3 sciences easier and more effective more me so I can retain it for my GCSE's (I prefer using visual aids, simple analogies and relating concepts to real life for notes after I watcha video). Also how do I ensure I remember all the information I learned from B1,B2,C1,C2,P2 and P2 without jeopardising unit 3 tat I'm learning this year. This is because If I was to learn one thing from Unit 1,2 or 3 I'm likely to forget another aspect( e.g. if I was to learn P2 physics I would likely forget to revise the other units for physics or even the other sciences as science takes up a lot of my concentration).
    When are your mocks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VNN)
    When are your mocks?
    January

ReputationRep:
    i did ocr triple science last year and came out with AAA. coming from experience with science exams, the best thing to do is start revising early. i revised the most for science because of how much i struggled. for your next mocks, revise properly (not too intensely) but just make good study resources so when you start revising your content for your actual exams, it will be retained better and you'll already have it there. i started revising for science in March, I know this sounds early, however if you start with your first topics and make your way to the most recent, you'll have plenty of time to retain all that information which seems so distant in memory. it also gives you plenty of time to do past papers which are the most effective way of revision for science as you can see where the gaps in your knowledge are and revise again, then do the test again and see your progress.it also gets you accustomed to the time restraint. hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie.mn)
    i did ocr triple science last year and came out with AAA. coming from experience with science exams, the best thing to do is start revising early. i revised the most for science because of how much i struggled. for your next mocks, revise properly (not too intensely) but just make good study resources so when you start revising your content for your actual exams, it will be retained better and you'll already have it there. i started revising for science in March, I know this sounds early, however if you start with your first topics and make your way to the most recent, you'll have plenty of time to retain all that information which seems so distant in memory. it also gives you plenty of time to do past papers which are the most effective way of revision for science as you can see where the gaps in your knowledge are and revise again, then do the test again and see your progress.it also gets you accustomed to the time restraint. hope this helps!
    Just to clarify,You mean yo stared revision on March for your final GCSE Exams in may/June?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VNN)
    Just to clarify,You mean yo stared revision on March for your final GCSE Exams in may/June?
    yes, i know that might sound a little extreme however preparation was key for me, i had the majority of my content revision done before my exams started so i could focus on past papers and intense revision from already made resources. i feel that science revision is more beneficial to be done over a larger period of time as the information stores better as theres so much content to revise.

ReputationRep:
    yes, i know that might sound a little extreme however preparation was key for me, i had the majority of my content revision done before my exams started so i could focus on past papers and intense revision from already made resources. i feel that science revision is more beneficial to be done over a larger period of time as the information stores better as theres so much content to revise.
    Oh Ok so you started 3/4 months before?
    When were your mocks and when did you starte revising for those?

That is very good!-Congrats!-Hope you did well?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VNN)
    Oh Ok so you started 3/4 months before?
    When were your mocks and when did you starte revising for those?

That is very good!-Congrats!-Hope you did well?

Thanks.
    yeah! of course the revision i did early on was quite light but it helped immensely at consolidating the information. i had mocks in may y10 and revised a two weeks before for them, coming out with A*AB and had mocks nov 30th till 4th dec in y11 and came out with AAB. I revised a bit less for those ones, because I didn't have time but I would recommend about 2 weeks of intense revision. Its always best to revise for mocks because they're supposed to be an indicator for success. I did thank you

ReputationRep:
    Thank you I appreciate it. If you don't mind me asking, what ways would you suggest going over what you learn in Science (I prefer using visual aids, analogies and relating to everday ) as I often stare at a book and fail to understand anything. Lastly how did I manage my time so I revise for my other subjects but still prioritise science ( c1,c2,c3 b1,b2.b3 and p1,p2,p3). I normally come back from school at 3:00pm or at most 4:00pm if I hae revision sesions so how would I set about revision so I prioritise science(I struggle a lot) but make room for my other subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by b.w.s.o)
    Thank you I appreciate it. If you don't mind me asking, what ways would you suggest going over what you learn in Science (I prefer using visual aids, analogies and relating to everday ) as I often stare at a book and fail to understand anything. Lastly how did I manage my time so I revise for my other subjects but still prioritise science ( c1,c2,c3 b1,b2.b3 and p1,p2,p3). I normally come back from school at 3:00pm or at most 4:00pm if I hae revision sesions so how would I set about revision so I prioritise science(I struggle a lot) but make room for my other subjects?
    I think what can be really helpful for science is mindmaps with lots of drawings and links to help you memorise things. instead of reading straight from a book, first condense these notes into short bullet points etc and try to associate these with pictures, etc. Then join it all in a mind map for specific topics. Pictures can be really helpful, making up poems/songs to remember things is also good. I remembered the spectrum of light doing this, and the properties of different elements. I think the best way to manage your time is to revise science early, so by the time you get to may you've finished revising content and can go over it in a more simple way, and you'll have more time for other things that's how I managed!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.