Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Inexperienced Indian moving to UK for uni wants to know about UK dating Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm an Indian girl and I'm moving to the UK for uni in 2017. I'm 18 years old but I've never really dated anyone or done anything before. (yes that includes kissing i haven't kissed someone yet *sigh*) It's not like I've never had any prospects and I was giong out with one guy for about two months but I realised I didn't particularly like him and we broke up.
    But yeah, basically, I've never had sex, never kissed anyone, never been on a decent date, and I probably won't have a chance to do any of those things before uni starts next year bc a) don't have any guys/girls that I am interested in, and b) even if I did I wouldnt start a new relationship bc I need to focus on my studies.
    SO I wanted to ask what dating is like in the UK. When do y'all start dating? In school? Do most people lose their virginity before college? Would people judge me for still being a virgin? etc etc
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scroshogulla)
    Hi,
    I'm an Indian girl and I'm moving to the UK for uni in 2017. I'm 18 years old but I've never really dated anyone or done anything before. (yes that includes kissing i haven't kissed someone yet *sigh*) It's not like I've never had any prospects and I was giong out with one guy for about two months but I realised I didn't particularly like him and we broke up.
    But yeah, basically, I've never had sex, never kissed anyone, never been on a decent date, and I probably won't have a chance to do any of those things before uni starts next year bc a) don't have any guys/girls that I am interested in, and b) even if I did I wouldnt start a new relationship bc I need to focus on my studies.
    SO I wanted to ask what dating is like in the UK. When do y'all start dating? In school? Do most people lose their virginity before college? Would people judge me for still being a virgin? etc etc
    Thanks!
    Hey!
    I've been born and brought up in the UK, I've never been in a relationship before because I'm not really interested in that kind of stuff however I've seen many people around me who have been in relationships, during my upbringing I saw many of my fellow classmates or others start dating at the last year of secondary, some of them only dated for fun, some continued there relationships till today, many also build on a gf/bf relationship once they enter college as they meet new people, however I believe that once you go to uni and study your desired course you will most likely find someone in your course who has the same interest as you a couple of my family members met their partners at uni and are now living happy lives and have children, so that's all I know to be honest, hope I could help

ReputationRep:
    My advice - don't use Tinder, or you might end up with more than you bargained for.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2016
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.