The Student Room Group

Portfolio for film production course

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone else is applying to university for a film production course and what your portfolios consist of? I have an interview with my first choice (Staffordshire uni) soon and wasn't entirely sure what to include - so far I have a short screenplay, some examples of editing, and a sort of mini filmreel of cinematography. Though I don't actually have a full 5 minute long completed short film.

Also how are we supposed to present these things? Is it fine to just bring a memory stick with all this stuff on or are we expected to present it differently?

Thanks everyone :smile:
Original post by jbullock98
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone else is applying to university for a film production course and what your portfolios consist of? I have an interview with my first choice (Staffordshire uni) soon and wasn't entirely sure what to include - so far I have a short screenplay, some examples of editing, and a sort of mini filmreel of cinematography. Though I don't actually have a full 5 minute long completed short film.

Also how are we supposed to present these things? Is it fine to just bring a memory stick with all this stuff on or are we expected to present it differently?

Thanks everyone :smile:

Hi jbullock98!

So it might be different for each uni but when my best friend applied for digital film production here at Ravensbourne, he brought along on a memory stick a 3 minute showreel of some cinematography with no narrative, colour grading, editing and some motion graphics he did too. He ended up getting an unconditional offer! So it is not always necessary to have for example a 5 min short film, from my experience as long as you show passion, dedication and a willingness to learn then you should be fine :smile:

If you're interested in film production though why not check out our course page here!

Have you heard of Ravensbourne before? We're located in North Greenwich right next to the O2 arena in London :smile: If you want to find more info about us check out this page

If you're up for checking out Ravensbourne in person why not come along to one of our open days, you can book tickets here

I hope you enjoy university wherever it may be! Best of luck to your future!

Jordan :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending