Money help!!!! please Watch

Tshucker1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm currently studying health and social care level 3 and I've applied for mental health nursing, my application has gone! all very exciting! however i'm still not 100% what's happening finance wise!
My parents ear a fair amount of money but I wont be living with them at university, im 22 and ive been supporting myself whiles at home. will I get the full amount when it comes to loans or will it not be a lot? im just worried because my household income when it comes to me dad and step mum is way over £70,000 a year. but I'm working and independent so will this affect?

Please can I have answers lol.
hazybubbles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You will not be classed as an independent student if you are living with your parents as you are not supporting yourself in terms of accommodation. Your loan would be means tested against your parent's earnings.
Tshucker1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Even if im moving out for univeristy?

(Original post by hazybubbles)
You will not be classed as an independent student if you are living with your parents as you are not supporting yourself in terms of accommodation. Your loan would be means tested against your parent's earnings.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Where you live isn't what defines you as an independent or dependent student. It's based primarily on age, but also whether or not your parents are alive/you have contact with them. SFE/NHS would class you as a dependent student and your entitlement to funding would be based on your last year's parents income. As £70,000 is quite a lot, you will not receive anywhere close to the full student support package I'm afraid.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.6%
Excited (156)
9.18%
Worried (305)
17.95%
Terrified (378)
22.25%
Meh (163)
9.59%
Confused (37)
2.18%
Putting on a brave face (233)
13.71%
Impatient (213)
12.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise