Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Orange is the new Black Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I'm up to season 4, and I just really hate Piper. She's childish, selfish, manipulative, and everytime she gets with someone I just want them to realise what she is and leave her because they can do so much better. I only continued watching because I thought I might grow to like her and because I like the other characters, but it's hard to really like the show when I can't get on board with the main character. Anyone else feel like this?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE this show so much :love:

I agree with you about Piper. She is the worst main character of any show I've ever watched. I felt like this early on from season 1 but it only gets worse in each season. Even though she is the main character, I'm glad the show revolves around all the other characters too and at least we don't have to put up with Piper in every scene :teehee: as much I don't like her, I wont let her ruin the show for me. Characters like Poussey, Taystee, Morello, Crazy Eyes and Daya are the highlights for me.

Can't wait for season 5 :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I agree, I love the show but hate her. Fortunately though I think the show revolves less around her in the later series.

I was devastated by the death in the last ep of season 4 though..

Its brilliant though and the theme tune is so good!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I LOVE this show so much :love:

I agree with you about Piper. She is the worst main character of any show I've ever watched. I felt like this early on from season 1 but it only gets worse in each season. Even though she is the main character, I'm glad the show revolves around all the other characters too and at least we don't have to put up with Piper in every scene :teehee: as much I don't like her, I wont let her ruin the show for me. Characters like Poussey, Taystee, Morello, Crazy Eyes and Daya are the highlights for me.

Can't wait for season 5 :yep:
    Yeah, it's pretty annoying. I went into it thinking I'd love her and get her, and I just can't connect with her at all. I do love the other characters though. Poussey and Morello are probably my two absolute favourites :love:

(Original post by VikkiHanley)
    I agree, I love the show but hate her. Fortunately though I think the show revolves less around her in the later series.

I was devastated by the death in the last ep of season 4 though..

Its brilliant though and the theme tune is so good!
    I haven't got quite that far yet :eek:

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.