Graphs Question Watch

random87x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello. I wonder if anyone might be able to help me with these questions relating to the graph below. Thank you.

What is the independent variable on all the graphs

I think the independent variable is the annual concentrations of particulate matter (PM 2.5) in each neighbourhood.

Describe the relationship between PM2.5 and hospital admissions for CHD and circulatory diseases.

I am not sure what those two formulae on the graph show? Are they related to correlation?

State two other factors that might affect hospital admissions for these conditions.

Age of people, and location to hospital maybe? I'm not sure.

Suggest one improvement to the presentation of the graphs that would help people to understand the results?

The neighbourhoods could named maybe? I'm not sure
atsruser
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by random87x)
Hello. I wonder if anyone might be able to help me with these questions relating to the graph below. Thank you.

What is the independent variable on all the graphs

I think the independent variable is the annual concentrations of particulate matter (PM 2.5) in each neighbourhood.
The dependent variable is the quantity that you are measuring in an experiment, the dependent variables are the quantities that may affect the value of the dependent variables. In general, the independent variable is plotted on the horizontal axis, the dependent variable is plotted on the vertical axis. So I agree with you.

Describe the relationship between PM2.5 and hospital admissions for CHD and circulatory diseases.

I am not sure what those two formulae on the graph show? Are they related to correlation?

I guess so. There is positive correlation in all the graphs.

State two other factors that might affect hospital admissions for these conditions.

Age of people, and location to hospital maybe? I'm not sure.
Rather than location to hospital, I would have thought that something like rate of pre-existing heart/lung/vascular disease, diabetes, etc in the local populations.

Suggest one improvement to the presentation of the graphs that would help people to understand the results?

The neighbourhoods could named maybe? I'm not sure
I'm not sure either.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.24%
No (203)
72.76%

Watched Threads