The Student Room Group

Finishing my A-Levels

Hi all im 20 years old i went to my local sixth form until i was 18 years old. I completed my AS levels but i decided at the time to drop out and join the army which i did. Now ive been in the army just over a year and i want to finish my A-Levels so i have some qualifications for when i eventually leave.

I am interested in completing my A-levels in history(AS grade B) and politics (AS grade C) and perhaps maths aswell

I have been studying these subjects in my spare time so i am not to far behind in the required subject knowledge.

I want to know how i would go about completing these A levels sitting as a private candidate. What would the process be? How would i go about any necessary coursework? Could coursework be done in my spare time or would i need to go an examination center to do it? How much would i be looking at spending?

I would be interested in hearing anyones opinion on this aswell as any answers to my questions by anyone.
Thanks
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Thanks
Original post by NI30241834
Hi all im 20 years old i went to my local sixth form until i was 18 years old. I completed my AS levels but i decided at the time to drop out and join the army which i did. Now ive been in the army just over a year and i want to finish my A-Levels so i have some qualifications for when i eventually leave.

I am interested in completing my A-levels in history(AS grade B) and politics (AS grade C) and perhaps maths aswell

I have been studying these subjects in my spare time so i am not to far behind in the required subject knowledge.

I want to know how i would go about completing these A levels sitting as a private candidate. What would the process be? How would i go about any necessary coursework? Could coursework be done in my spare time or would i need to go an examination center to do it? How much would i be looking at spending?

I would be interested in hearing anyones opinion on this aswell as any answers to my questions by anyone.
Thanks

Maths requires no coursework. Regarding history and politics, the coursework is done in your spare time. I would phone up your exam boards for each subject to see what arrangements they could make for you.
Reply 4
Thanks ive already emailed them to no avail so il probably just end up ringing them up myself. Anything else youd advise about A levels, revision etc in general as its been quite some time for me

Quick Reply

Latest