The Student Room Group

Greggs situation...

Gonna have to start from the top...

So I just got a Saturday/weekend job at Greggs. My hourly rate is 6.15 per hour and I am supposed to work for 8 hours a week. Now at my interview, the interviewer ask me when I was available so i gave him my availability and specifically told him I can't work on Sundays. He said that was okay and he would take me in for weekend staff because I told him I couldn't do Sundays. So I start induction now, and I finished at 1pm which meant I had only done 4 hours so I told the assistant manager that the shop manager should know that Sundays were not days I could work. The shop manager rings me on Sunday saying "I was surprised you couldn't do Sundays as you are apart of the weekend team member team". She also said that we would speak more on my next shift which is this coming Saturday.

Apart from that, the training wasn't that great in my opinion and I still don't know what my shop manager looks like up to now.

Should I leave this part time job and apply for somewhere else, or should I stay? Advice?
Original post by MajorFader

So I just got a Saturday/weekend job at Greggs. My hourly rate is 6.15 per hour and I am supposed to work for 8 hours a week. Now at my interview, the interviewer ask me when I was available so i gave him my availability and specifically told him I can't work on Sundays. He said that was okay and he would take me in for weekend staff because I told him I couldn't do Sundays. So I start induction now, and I finished at 1pm which meant I had only done 4 hours so I told the assistant manager that the shop manager should know that Sundays were not days I could work. The shop manager rings me on Sunday saying "I was surprised you couldn't do Sundays as you are apart of the weekend team member team". She also said that we would speak more on my next shift which is this coming Saturday.

Apart from that, the training wasn't that great in my opinion and I still don't know what my shop manager looks like up to now.

Should I leave this part time job and apply for somewhere else, or should I stay? Advice?
well as i am not at your workplace i am finding it hard to comment but do what you think is right

It's worth staying on at least a bit longer. You've only done 4 hours, from what I understand, and that's not really enough to know what it's like. You might find that if you stay a bit longer you come to enjoy it, or you might find that you can't stand it. If you're not in need of the money, feel free to leave, but don't expect a reference off them either
Shop managers aren't necessarily the brightest.

Remind her of the Sunday discussion you had at interview.
Reply 4
Original post by beautifulbigmacs
Shop managers aren't necessarily the brightest.

Remind her of the Sunday discussion you had at interview.

Yeah exactly. 😂

Original post by chelseadagg3r
It's worth staying on at least a bit longer. You've only done 4 hours, from what I understand, and that's not really enough to know what it's like. You might find that if you stay a bit longer you come to enjoy it, or you might find that you can't stand it. If you're not in need of the money, feel free to leave, but don't expect a reference off them either

Well the way she sounded, I got a "Then I don't really need you" kinda vibe. The "talk" she is going to have with me on Saturday is probably going to be a dismissal.
Well the way she sounded, I got a "Then I don't really need you" kinda vibe. The "talk" she is going to have with me on Saturday is probably going to be a dismissal.

You don't know that though. She could want to confirm your hours, and have a look over your contract with you. She might want to talk about what your interviewer said so she has all of the information, so she doesn't mess up scheduling your shifts

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending