Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Do you hate your ex-? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Was just pondering this morning on the fact I haven't spoken to my ex- of two years for almost that same amount of time. merely as she clearly seems to despise me (in truth, I was a total barsteward.)

We had agreed more than happily to stay in regular touch after our split, it ended on really good terms surprisingly. Then she started going out with a new fella a couple of months later who happened to be a friend from High School (so that was a bit startling but I wished them all the best) and yet we haven't talk since. I understand it's usually just how things are, ex-s rarely stay friends and I suppose that's a scenario I will and have accepted.

It's just a shame though isn't it? You devote your life to someone, plan your future and have incredible memories for years... then when it all goes bottoms up, you apparently don't like each other and are willing to disconnect all contact immediately.

I messaged her on Twitter a few months back asking how she was in an innocent a way as I could, but she blocked me without response.

I guess the thought just got me a lil' sentimental, do you hate your ex-?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I can't hate someone that never existed so, yeah.

(Original post by UWS)
    Was just thinking the same thought :rofl: I need to get a life.

ReputationRep:
    No, I am close friends with him.

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate my ex, I actually feel sorry for him. It seems like he really regrets what he did to me and is trying hard to get me back but to be honest thats never going to happen. What he put me through changed me alot as a person and the new me could never fall for a person like him again. So he lost his chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammie123)
    I don't hate my ex, I actually feel sorry for him. It seems like he really regrets what he did to me and is trying hard to get me back but to be honest thats never going to happen. What he put me through changed me alot as a person and the new me could never fall for a person like him again. So he lost his chance
    Quite painful to read but true

ReputationRep:
    I'll always love him, just as he loves me. He meant the world to me for years, I'd feel very sad if I couldn't look back fondly on such a big part of my life. I don't want contact with him again because it's just painful in the long run but he'll always mean a lot to me. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Kinda
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about hate, but I can't think of him fondly either. He reached out to me a couple of months ago and it did make me quite angry because of how he treated me during the relationship, and how he ended it. I hate what he did, and I hate what he made me, but I'm not sure if I actually hate him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    I'll always love him, just as he loves me. He meant the world to me for years, I'd feel very sad if I couldn't look back fondly on such a big part of my life. I don't want contact with him again because it's just painful in the long run but he'll always mean a lot to me. :dontknow:
    Fair do's, I suppose that's the best possible result from such a situation - appreciate you sharing.

ReputationRep:
    No not at all #Moooose

ReputationRep:
    I'm still in love with mine even though he shattered my heart two months ago soooo

(Original post by NoPunInThisName)
    Was just pondering this morning on the fact I haven't spoken to my ex- of two years for almost that same amount of time. merely as she clearly seems to despise me (in truth, I was a total barsteward.)

We had agreed more than happily to stay in regular touch after our split, it ended on really good terms surprisingly. Then she started going out with a new fella a couple of months later who happened to be a friend from High School (so that was a bit startling but I wished them all the best) and yet we haven't talk since. I understand it's usually just how things are, ex-s rarely stay friends and I suppose that's a scenario I will and have accepted.

It's just a shame though isn't it? You devote your life to someone, plan your future and have incredible memories for years... then when it all goes bottoms up, you apparently don't like each other and are willing to disconnect all contact immediately.

I messaged her on Twitter a few months back asking how she was in an innocent a way as I could, but she blocked me without response.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Same lmao.

ReputationRep:
    What did he do to you?

(Original post by tammie123)

ReputationRep:
    No, he has dumped me loads but we sometimes get back together. In fact he has dumped me 6 times. I think he likes me again!!!!1:h:h:h:h

ReputationRep:
    I did when we first broke up, he was awful to me. Told his family I was on drugs to stop them being friendly with me, he dated someone else about a month after we broke up- a girl he knew I hated for ages. He was really spiteful for ages, but our friends are friends so we had to stay in touch, now about 3 years later we go out together when our friends meet up and I genuinely enjoy speaking to him. But Ive been with someone else 2 years now and hes had a string of relationships all lasting around 2 months. Think hes a bit of a commitment phobe in all honesty. But how can I be bitter when hes the one who missed out! Haha

I don't hate my ex, but I dislike his behaviour. He tries to make me jealous and taunts me, it's shocking how immature he is lol

We've been broken up for a year, he dumped met yet he's trying to make me jealous and harassed me.

I don't want to hate him, but I don't think I can ever forgive him for what he did to me. It's to hard, I've tried to because I don't believe in holding anger a resentment towards someone as it stops you from moving forward.

I think it will take me just a little longer to get past it all 😊
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by NoPunInThisName)

If you were not very nice to her, then how can you expect her to want to stay in touch?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2016
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.