Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was accepted for the 1-yr MSc in Intelligent Systems at UCL. They even offered me to pay for the tuition (14,470 pounds sterling). Now I turned them down to go to Edinburgh for a MSc in Artificial Intelligence. I have to pay for the latter course... Am I outta my mind, would you have done the same????

ReputationRep:
    I've heard very best about AI at Ediburgh. Some ppl suggest that there're 3 places in the UK where AI is worth studying: Cabridge, Imperial, and then Edinburgh. I certainly would do the same not only for the reason that Edinb. CS and AI have very good reputation, but also for the fact that I prefer Edinb. as a city.

(Original post by Tomek)
    3 places in the UK where AI is worth studying: Cabridge, Imperial, and then Edinburgh.
    For A.I courses it is generally thought that Edinburgh and MIT are the "daddy's" as far as courses go. Cam and IC may be very good at other "aspects of CS" (hate saying that) but Edin is apparently the best as far as uni's in the UK go.

ReputationRep:
    My computing teacher says something rather similar to that

ReputationRep:
    Artificial Intelligence in particular is extremely good at Edinburgh! You made the right choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamas)
    Artificial Intelligence in particular is extremely good at Edinburgh! You made the right choice.
    You guys and gals rule thanks for ur kind words. Can't wait till it all starts up there in the north :P

BEST!!

ReputationRep:
    I am enrolled for the 2yr of Biological Sciences, but after that I am planning to apply also for AI at Edin

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh might be good for AI or whatever.. but UCL is much much more highly regarded generally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theballsofsatan)
    Edinburgh might be good for AI or whatever.. but UCL is much much more highly regarded generally.
    Good for you, are you attending ucl by any chance.

Best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitchubus)
    Good for you, are you attending ucl by any chance.

Best!
    No I'm in sixth form currently but am applying to both of those univerities this term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dieeiervonsatan)
    No I'm in sixth form currently but am applying to both of those univerities this term.
    Admittedly the post you made wasn't particularly constructive and didn't add to this old thread particularly? Let's have some academic respect for all institutions here !

(And not all of us are heading off to Oxbridge etc, there's pride outside such Uni's though)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeWired)
    Admittedly the post you made wasn't particularly constructive and didn't add to this old thread particularly? Let's have some academic respect for all institutions here !

(And not all of us are heading off to Oxbridge etc, there's pride outside such Uni's though)
    Woooooah..

First, the original poster asked for people's opinions. This is what I gave. Sorry to hear that you have a problem with that.
    Second, I never said Edinburgh was a BAD university, but IN MY OPINION it doesn't compare that well to UCL.
    Third, If I didn't academically "respect" Edinburgh I wouldn't be applying there.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.