Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Do you believe in karma? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Lets just say a person has done me wrong after I treated them better than anyone I have ever known. I'm not asking whether karma will get back at that person but I am wondering whether you guys believe in it and have seen it happen?

ReputationRep:
    No - people will inevitably to do good and bad things, and likewise, they will inevitably observe good and bad things.

Putting faith into a higher meaning isn't really necessary here.

ReputationRep:
    i believe in korma

ReputationRep:
    Hmm yeah that's fair enough. It's just crazy how many times I've seen people do bad things to someone and similar stuff would happen to them.

(Original post by Davalla)
    No - people will inevitably to do good and bad things, and likewise, they will inevitably observe good and bad things.

Putting faith into a higher meaning isn't really necessary here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    i believe in korma
    Good on ya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelssuck_)
    Lets just say a person has done me wrong after I treated them better than anyone I have ever known. I'm not asking whether karma will get back at that person but I am wondering whether you guys believe in it and have seen it happen?
    Definitely. My ex husband will get what is coming to him. Divorced me to marry a much younger woman and she is going to take the lying SOAB to the cleaners.

I feel sorry for my children though as he doesn't see much of them now - she is taking all his time and has stopped him taking his medication that he needs. She has made sure that I am alienated from him. He is going to be one lonely old man when she leaves him because he is one big pain in the rear end.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if I 'believe' in it per se but I'm swinging that way.
    I've seen it so much "what comes around, goes around" (and I always add "3 times harder" at the end)
    Plus, it's sorta consoling in a weird way...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeakysquirrel)
    Definitely. My ex husband will get what is coming to him. Divorced me to marry a much younger woman and she is going to take the lying SOAB to the cleaners.

I feel sorry for my children though as he doesn't see much of them now - she is taking all his time and has stopped him taking his medication that he needs. She has made sure that I am alienated from him. He is going to be one lonely old man when she leaves him because he is one big pain in the rear end.
    Well I truly do hope karma gets him. That's horrible to hear. I hope you're coping.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I get where you're coming from. I've seen it happen quite a lot too and in all honesty I would love for karma to get someone back for me but I wouldnt say I have my faith in it 100%.

(Original post by starfab)
    I don't know if I 'believe' in it per se but I'm swinging that way.
    I've seen it so much "what comes around, goes around" (and I always add "3 times harder" at the end)
    Plus, it's sorta consoling in a weird way...

ReputationRep:
    Nope, karma does not exist.

ReputationRep:
    Of course not.

I don't think that's how Karma works. If something bad happens to the person then it's just a coincidence.

They won't be punished for their action but by their action. If they know that what they did to you was wrong then it has already affected that person in a precedented way. That's how human nature are.

ReputationRep:
    Well it doesnt seem to be bothering them now from what I've seen sooooo.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't think that's how Karma works. If something bad happens to the person then it's just a coincidence.

They won't be punished for their action but by their action. If they know that what they did to you was wrong then it has already affected that person in a precedented way. That's how human nature are.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I get where you're coming from. I've seen it happen quite a lot too and in all honesty I would love for karma to get someone back for me but I wouldnt say I have my faith in it 100%.
    Yup exactly. And dw :console: karma will get the somebody for you :yes: well hopefully
    Whatever happens though, I like to think it's for the best

ReputationRep:
    Well I truly do hope karma gets him. That's horrible to hear. I hope you're coping.
    Oh yes - I look like a saint next to him. The children are shocked that he has remarried ( ink barely dry on the divorce papers ) - she skewered him quickly because she has no money. As I said to him - what do you think an attractive young woman sees in a grumpy old git like you. He hasn't spoken to me since.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely. The people that treat you badly will get whats coming to them.

ReputationRep:
    He's only not speaking to you due to realising that your words have some truth to them, silly man. I have recently experienced heartbreak from a long term boyfriend and that has literally killed me. God knows how you and your kids are feeling. But hey ho what goes around comes alllll the way back around.

(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
    Oh yes - I look like a saint next to him. The children are shocked that he has remarried ( ink barely dry on the divorce papers ) - she skewered him quickly because she has no money. As I said to him - what do you think an attractive young woman sees in a grumpy old git like you. He hasn't spoken to me since.

ReputationRep:
    Aww thank you and I hope so too!

(Original post by starfab)
    Yup exactly. And dw :console: karma will get the somebody for you :yes: well hopefully
    Whatever happens though, I like to think it's for the best

ReputationRep:
    I like the way you think

(Original post by jessn122)
    Definitely. The people that treat you badly will get whats coming to them.

ReputationRep:
    No - I believe in confirmation bias though

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.