Any Non-EU Applicants for PGCE? Watch

bunnies
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi!

I seem to be the very rare minority who's planning to apply for a PGCE under a non-eu, international student status. Would be great to find out if there are others like me and have a chat about fees and possible funding alternatives since Govt bursaries etc are not available to us.

Cheers
Wish2527
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey. I am also planning to do the same. How are you getting on? Any luck with scholarships or bursaries. Which uni you applying for?
vachhani
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi

Did you end up doing PGCE? I think it's very rare for an international student to get funding for PGCE. There is one program which considers international applicants but they have to be PhD students. It is called researchers in schools.
(Original post by Wish2527)
Hey. I am also planning to do the same. How are you getting on? Any luck with scholarships or bursaries. Which uni you applying for?
Faultier1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Researchers in Schools charges the schools £3000 for the privilege of training you and have you one day less in school per week than a regular trainee. So they pay for less resource. Strangely enough this fee to schools is not publicized very well. You put yourself at a disadvantage especially with regards to the availability and location of training places.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.83%
Excited (144)
8.84%
Worried (295)
18.11%
Terrified (367)
22.53%
Meh (149)
9.15%
Confused (35)
2.15%