Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Hi

Just wondering if any of you guys have any tips for "perfect skin"

I suffer from bad outbreaks of black heads, not just on my nose but in other areas of my face. I have tried black head creams, black head creams with the tiny beads in as well as face masks and them nose strips things but none of them seem to work and get rid of them.

So any one got anything they can suggest ?? And if so could you say the brand or where to get it from, please bare in mind i dont have much money.

Anyone??
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered asking your GP to refer you to dermatology? That is what I ended up doing due to my horrendous skin, as I find nothing works.

(Original post by Airmed)
    Have you considered asking your GP to refer you to dermatology? That is what I ended up doing due to my horrendous skin, as I find nothing works.
    do you think it would help?? And didnt know about that.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    do you think it would help?? And didnt know about that.
    I am due my derma appointment in a few weeks (there are waiting lists) but it could help, as they can give out pills or creams etc that need a prescription. I just find that over the counter stuff doesn't work for me, and in fact makes things worse.

I have black heads pretty bad too but nothing works and I am a bit too embarrassed to go to the doctors about as it's a bit insulting as I don't really have acne I just have quite a few prominent unpleasant blackheads on my nose.

ReputationRep:
    accutane real life saver for me

You should steam your face and then use pore strips. You can also try mud masks too!

ReputationRep:
    Try organic apple cider vinegar. You can get it in health food shops

I am due my derma appointment in a few weeks (there are waiting lists) but it could help, as they can give out pills or creams etc that need a prescription. I just find that over the counter stuff doesn't work for me, and in fact makes things worse.
    Oh cool and a tad embarrassed about going doctors though and yea same the over counter stuff just makes it worse.

(Original post by Chief_98)
    accutane real life saver for me
    (Original post by viffer)
    Try organic apple cider vinegar. You can get it in health food shops
    Thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Oh cool and a tad embarrassed about going doctors though and yea same the over counter stuff just makes it worse.

Thanks
    Ah I see. Mine is just visible so I didn't have much problems with bringing it up

Ah I see. Mine is just visible so I didn't have much problems with bringing it up
    Yea same here but i will try to. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    People tell me I have good skin however my techniques may not be suitable therefore it's best to seek advice from your GP.

- Wash face and dry with paper towel
    - Apply a honey, lemon juice and flour face mask (you can find this online)
    - Let it dry completely
    - Take a shower, rub the face mask off
    - Always dry face with paper towel

- Drink plenty of water
    - Drink green tea to remove impurities from body

- You can also try D-Pharma

(Original post by Applepiex3)
    People tell me I have good skin however my techniques may not be suitable therefore it's best to seek advice from your GP.

- Wash face and dry with paper towel
    - Apply a honey, lemon juice and flour face mask (you can find this online)
    - Let it dry completely
    - Take a shower, rub the face mask off
    - Always dry face with paper towel

- Drink plenty of water
    - Drink green tea to remove impurities from body
    Oh heard about them "organic" face mask, and i might try that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2016
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.