Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

26 year old guy dating 19 year old girl Watch

Is it weird??

I just turned 26 and she turns 20 in december. I get the feeling that she is a bit unsure. She reminded me one time that she was 16 4 years ago, as if to see my reaction. I dunno if thats just her feeling insecure about whether I find it an issue or not as weve just started dating.

Its younger than id normally go for tbh but I get along well with her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is it weird??

I just turned 26 and she turns 20 in december. I get the feeling that she is a bit unsure. She reminded me one time that she was 16 4 years ago, as if to see my reaction. I dunno if thats just her feeling insecure about whether I find it an issue or not as weve just started dating.

Its younger than id normally go for tbh but I get along well with her.
    No I don't think it's weird at all to be honest, there's not a huge age gap between you both, if you both get along that's what really matters

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it is weird at all.

ReputationRep:
    Nope! Not weird at all! My parents are 7 years aged difference. They met when my mom had just turned 20 and my dad was 27. If you're compatible and happy that is what it is all about. If you think she's concerned though you should be open and talk about it! Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think its weird. Is it possible she's feeling a bit concerned? If so then just be open with each other.

ReputationRep:
    Not weird at all. Put her mind at rest.

ReputationRep:
    Not weird at all. My boyfriend is 8 years older than me, he is 28 and I am 20. I tell him all that when he was my age I was 12. We both laugh about it. Age is just a number. The only possible issue that could arise here is that you may slightly be at two different stages of your life. Like you maybe looking to move in and have kids in a few years and she might not. It is something worth discussing to put both your minds at ease.

ReputationRep:
    Lol when I was dating my ex, he was 8 years older than me. I would tell him he was half a generation older just for laughs. He once lent me his uni revision notes which had the year written on it, I told him when you were a fresher I was in year 6 lol and he was like isn't it so cute! It is kind of thinking back about it.

ReputationRep:
    No way it's not weird at all. One of my friends is married to a guy that's 8 or 9 years older than her and they're both really happy. Their families are happy too. I mean if youre compatible with each other, who cares about age?

Don't doubt your relationship because of your age difference. And if you think she's having doubts then just ask her if it's a problem. I mean I'm sure she just mentioned it because she wanted to see if you were okay with it. And maybe she thinks you want to settle down with kids and she's not ready coz she still feels like a kid since she was only 16 a couple years ago. Just maintain your communication about what each of you want and you should be fine!

ReputationRep:
    there is someone ik who married with a person of thirty years age difference.
    compared to that, 6 years is nothing.

ReputationRep:
    ask her to marry u. then youll know if shes got a issue.

it wont be the age gap it will be the running gap u will worried about.

being 20 yrs old these days is nothing is sight of life. very rare or some what rare to find someone of that age who can settle or is even thinking about settling. taboo topic I think. modern world thinking not very proactive but very common. u can waste time and money one looking for someone to settle with the latter being time which can never be attended once past

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: November 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Should schools shut at lunch to save money?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.