Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    So, I got English Lang, Geography and Science mock exam on same day (coming Wednesday).
    That's 4 hour 30 mins doing exam.
    Also for geography and science, there's a lot of content.
    How am I meant to know everything?
    Plus we haven't covered whole C3 and B3 half a bit, still my schools expects us to do B3, C3 and P3.
    What's my school up to, and I have decided that I will write nothing on science paper and get a U, because I think it's important for me to concentrate on Eng Lang as it's necessary, and gerography will decide whether I do higher or foundation.Also for science I don't think I will be moved to foundation as I got A last year in my core and I am getting A* consistently in Homeworks and module test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fnt1klo)
    So, I got English Lang, Geography and Science mock exam on same day (coming Wednesday).
    Plus we haven't covered whole C3 and B3 half a bit, still my schools expects us to do B3, C3 and P3.
    What's my school up to, and I have decided that I will write nothing on science paper and get a U, because I think it's important for me to concentrate on Eng Lang as it's necessary, and gerography will decide whether I do higher or foundation.
    Don't do that, you're throwing away a chance to assess your strengths and weaknesses, which will aid your revision. Regardless of your distaste towards your school, that's not really a sensible thing to do. The school may not expect exceptional performance, considering that you have not covered the whole thing, but I'd recommend putting some effort into it, even if that means cramming stuff you haven't learnt shortly before the exam as a last resort. A D would look far better than a U to a teacher. The teachers would be alerted by a U, and that may impact your predictions, which could effect your chances of getting into a sixth form. Are you on OCR? If so, C3/B3 only makes up part of the paper, to the best of my knowledge, so why throw the whole paper due to not knowing part of a unit?

Regardless of whether English/Geography is more important to you, that's no excuse to completely throw a mock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fnt1klo)
    What's my school up to, and I have decided that I will write nothing on science paper and get a U, because I think it's important for me to concentrate on Eng Lang as it's necessary, and gerography will decide whether I do higher or foundation.Also for science I don't think I will be moved to foundation as I got A last year in my core and I am getting A* consistently in Homeworks and module test.
    I agree with gcx i would at least try your best in all of them doesn't matter if you fail even just try anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Don't do that, you're throwing away a chance to assess your strengths and weaknesses, which will aid your revision. Regardless of your distaste towards your school, that's not really a sensible thing to do. The school may not expect exceptional performance, considering that you have not covered the whole thing, but I'd recommend putting some effort into it, even if that means cramming stuff you haven't learnt shortly before the exam as a last resort. A D would look far better than a U to a teacher. The teachers would be alerted by a U, and that may impact your predictions, which could effect your chances of getting into a sixth form. Are you on OCR? If so, C3/B3 only makes up part of the paper, to the best of my knowledge, so why throw the whole paper due to not knowing part of a unit?

Regardless of whether English/Geography is more important to you, that's no excuse to completely throw a mock.
    (Original post by samaad1)
    I agree with gcx i would at least try your best in all of them doesn't matter if you fail even just try anyway
    Ok, Thank you!

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.