Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

optometry courses?

ReputationRep:
    hey. i was wondering if optometry is a difficult course to complete? is it tough and is there a lot of work to complete? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louiza-8)
    hey. i was wondering if optometry is a difficult course to complete? is it tough and is there a lot of work to complete? thanks
    All degrees are arguably tough with a high workload. It's a level up from your previous study so will be harder. Whether you will find it difficult is impossible to predict.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte49)
    All degrees are arguably tough with a high workload. It's a level up from your previous study so will be harder. Whether you will find it difficult is impossible to predict.
    Yeah however i wanted to know the amount of work compared to other courses if its more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louiza-8)
    Yeah however i wanted to know the amount of work compared to other courses if its more?
    That's not really a question anyone could answer. Compared to say, a nursing course, where students work full time for 50% of their degree it is less 'work', but a completely different course structure. There are no 'easy' degrees, or degrees with hardly any work compared to others. You will be assessed in a variety of ways, and the workload should be manageable but, of course, degree level study is not meant to be a walk in the park.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.