Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    So I've applied for Illustration at 5 different unis.
    (Brighton, Cardiff Met, UCA, Loughborough & Swansea UWTSD)

Of course they all require some sort of portfolio but I'm unsure on what and how I should present it.

I've got a few sketchbooks that I intend on bringing but I don't know whether I should buy a new folder/portfolio thing or just bring my A2 art folder with all the sheets loose inside.

Also any advice on what type of unexpected questions to expect would be a huge help. I'm not great when it comes to talking about my own work as I don't like the feeling of bragging (if that makes sense). I'm also awful at taking compliments.

I'm dreading what the lecturers will think when they see my work. I don't feel it's at a good enough standard even though I had an A at AS Level.

Also anyone who has been to one of these interviews before - what did you wear?
    As it's an art interview I'm guessing not too smart looking but yet not too casual.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danidaydream11)
    So I've applied for Illustration at 5 different unis.
    (Brighton, Cardiff Met, UCA, Loughborough & Swansea UWTSD)

Of course they all require some sort of portfolio but I'm unsure on what and how I should present it.

I've got a few sketchbooks that I intend on bringing but I don't know whether I should buy a new folder/portfolio thing or just bring my A2 art folder with all the sheets loose inside.

Also any advice on what type of unexpected questions to expect would be a huge help. I'm not great when it comes to talking about my own work as I don't like the feeling of bragging (if that makes sense). I'm also awful at taking compliments.

I'm dreading what the lecturers will think when they see my work. I don't feel it's at a good enough standard even though I had an A at AS Level.

Also anyone who has been to one of these interviews before - what did you wear?
    As it's an art interview I'm guessing not too smart looking but yet not too casual.

Thanks in advance
    Portfolio advice here:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...d.php?t=974132

Many art school interviews aren't interviews - they send you off somewhere while they look at your portfolio. They certainly don't care what you wear. If you search this forum, you will find quite a few threads giving accounts of past interviews at all the places you mention. You will have to learn to talk about your work as that is a major part of the degree, so practise doing so with people you trust.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.