Turn on thread page Beta

So I've applied for Illustration at 5 different unis.
    (Brighton, Cardiff Met, UCA, Loughborough & Swansea UWTSD)

Of course they all require some sort of portfolio but I'm unsure on what and how I should present it.

I've got a few sketchbooks that I intend on bringing but I don't know whether I should buy a new folder/portfolio thing or just bring my A2 art folder with all the sheets loose inside.

Also any advice on what type of unexpected questions to expect would be a huge help. I'm not great when it comes to talking about my own work as I don't like the feeling of bragging (if that makes sense). I'm also awful at taking compliments.

I'm dreading what the lecturers will think when they see my work. I don't feel it's at a good enough standard even though I had an A at AS Level.

Also anyone who has been to one of these interviews before - what did you wear?
    As it's an art interview I'm guessing not too smart looking but yet not too casual.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danidaydream11)
    So I've applied for Illustration at 5 different unis.
    (Brighton, Cardiff Met, UCA, Loughborough & Swansea UWTSD)

Of course they all require some sort of portfolio but I'm unsure on what and how I should present it.

I've got a few sketchbooks that I intend on bringing but I don't know whether I should buy a new folder/portfolio thing or just bring my A2 art folder with all the sheets loose inside.

Also any advice on what type of unexpected questions to expect would be a huge help. I'm not great when it comes to talking about my own work as I don't like the feeling of bragging (if that makes sense). I'm also awful at taking compliments.

I'm dreading what the lecturers will think when they see my work. I don't feel it's at a good enough standard even though I had an A at AS Level.

Also anyone who has been to one of these interviews before - what did you wear?
    As it's an art interview I'm guessing not too smart looking but yet not too casual.

Thanks in advance
    Portfolio advice here:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...d.php?t=974132

Many art school interviews aren't interviews - they send you off somewhere while they look at your portfolio. They certainly don't care what you wear. If you search this forum, you will find quite a few threads giving accounts of past interviews at all the places you mention. You will have to learn to talk about your work as that is a major part of the degree, so practise doing so with people you trust.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 20, 2016

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.