Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's nearly been two months now since we finishded sitting our exams for most of us. All the blunders which most of us must've gone through must be rushing back up and scaring us making us feel lyk *****. One of mine would be writing in penicl in the maths paper. Just post your blunders here get it off your chest!

ReputationRep:
    A really really insignificant one, but one that annoyed me none the less, was in French listening. I heard 'animal' and new it had to be plural, so, keeping in mind that everything had to agree with everything else, I right animalS (note the s) and only realised later on TSR that it had to be animaux. Lol, teeny little one but it's stuck! Also, I thought a plane could fly at 1000mph in maths...

I got hit by a car the week before my PE moderation, and my physio at the last moment was away so couldn't write me a note to get special consideration. So I turned up on crutches, did an hour and a half of circuit training.. and guess who was picked to be specifically followed, questioned, and marked by the moderator? :p: My teacher told me afterwards the moderator gave me full marks (out of pity if anything I suspect!) but I refuse to believe it until results day..

ReputationRep:
    Easy for me. Writing 1 instead of 2 for my paper reference for English Lit. I sorted it out with my exam officer and kept a record of her email she sent me saying it's sorted and not to worry - guess I find out once and for all after tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbk91)
    Easy for me. Writing 1 instead of 2 for my paper reference for English Lit. I sorted it out with my exam officer and kept a record of her email she sent me saying it's sorted and not to worry - guess I find out once and for all after tomorrow!
    what exam board was it

ReputationRep:
    OCR. I put down 2442/1 instead of 2442/2. So I initially wrote down the foundation paper reference instead of the higher tier one. Since they collect it by candidate number in a certain order and in the higher tier rows and columns in the hall, my exam officer said they wouldn't pay attention to it at all despite claiming that she corrected it. Very fishy and it's been on the back of my mind for quite a while. I'd assume OCR would figure something was mathematically wrong since I got 40/40 in my Death of a Salesman exam from Year 10 and had my coursework moderated to a UMS of about 57/60 and if they added up the mark I got for the remaining 100 from the exam, it'd be higher than a C I'm sure which wouldn't correspond to the maximum grade and mark a foundation student could obtain.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm...i did ocr dual award science i dont remember avin 2 write a reference number lol

ReputationRep:
    It was probably printed on the front since it was a question and answer booklet.

With essays, you only get a answer booklet which has to be filled in with candidate number, centre number, specification, paper reference...etc.

ReputationRep:
    In the History exam, I wrote LOADS and I dunno about other boards but with Edexcel they give you those stupid answer booklets so I kept asking for extra sheets, then at the end I got really confused about which sheet of paper belonged to which answer, and I wanted to make it clear so really untidily and in no special box or anything I just whacked on at the top of the page which question it was, i.e. "DIVIDED UNION QUESTION 5". I hope it didn't piss off the examiner too much.

ReputationRep:
    I made quite a few blunders too, but I really don't think any of us have much to worry about - after all, they're expecting us to be nervous, so they'll probably make allowances for us in some cases.
    I'm sure you'll be fine about writing in pencil in the Maths exam - they can't just discount your answers because you didn't put them down in pen!
    I forgot to write down the question numbers at the front of my English Language paper, but I'd wrote them in the margin inside the booklet, so I was told not to worry about it.
    I also thought I'd answered the wrong question in History - but it was just me stressing - so that was quite a scary moment too.
    Oh, and in Science, I went completely blank and couldn't do a basic percentage - I was kicking myself afterwards! (Maths isn't exactly my strong point, though!)

ReputationRep:
    Wel for me its definitely, the new science syllabus with AQA (i'm in yr 10 btw).. i totally messed up the questions... and started to write a load of nonsense before the paper was taken in.... o well ....guess i'll be startin yr 11 with a bad gcse experience.....r.e i also did this year and that didnt go too well!!!! newayz gd luck everyone for ur results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3107a)
    Wel for me its definitely, the new science syllabus with AQA (i'm in yr 10 btw).. i totally messed up the questions... and started to write a load of nonsense before the paper was taken in.... o well ....guess i'll be startin yr 11 with a bad gcse experience.....r.e i also did this year and that didnt go too well!!!! newayz gd luck everyone for ur results
    Welcome to TSR

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think on the front of the answer booklet for paper 1 RS I didn't mention that I had 1 extra sheet (y'know, in the box that asks how many extra sheets you used), but I don't think that'd be a problem.

And I know I made a few silly mistakes in Maths, but I don't think I made that many so I should still get an A*. I'll be disappointed if I don't...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbk91)
    It was probably printed on the front since it was a question and answer booklet.

With essays, you only get a answer booklet which has to be filled in with candidate number, centre number, specification, paper reference...etc.

ohhhh thank god haha i was panickin then cos i couldnt for the life of me remember writing a reference number on the paper :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think while writing, I may have run a couple answers off the box in the OCR exam. Afterwards I read on the front of the exam that answers written out of the designated boxes will not be marked; that’s probably a few marks wasted then.

ReputationRep:
    As I handed my paper to the examiner, I realised I'd just taken an exam in 'geograpy'.

I didn't realise until half way through the exam perioud we were meant to write the questions we did on the front.

In literature I was the ONLY person in the sports hall to need extra paper, and when they had all the papers in a pile you could just see the massive red string sticking out round the spine of mine. It was because I used two pages for planning, but it added unwanted attention to my paper!

ReputationRep:
    Quite a stupid one, for the English Lit paper I forgot to write 'other names' and 'surname' on the front of the booklet but I put my full name in the 'candidate signature' bit plus my candidate number so I'm hoping it shouldn't be a problem

ReputationRep:
    Well according to me 3.5 is a whole number so I may have to rethink my A-level choices lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AisAis)
    As I handed my paper to the examiner, I realised I'd just taken an exam in 'geograpy'.
    i had to read that like 10 times to realise what was wrong with it!

ReputationRep:
    I never went to new pages on my Media Studies exam even though it said you should when starting a new question. Oopsie. :p:

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.