Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Birmingham vs. Sheffield for International Relations?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I have one choice left in my application and I can't decide whether I should apply for International Relations with Economics at the University of Birmingham or for Economics and Politics at the University of Sheffield. I like both courses a lot.
    The positions of these universities vary amongst league tables and there are a lot of different opinions. Which one would be better regarded by employers?
    Unfortunately I can't come visit as I live in Finland, so any comments on the cities and campuses are also welcome.

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna100598)
    Hi! I have one choice left in my application and I can't decide whether I should apply for International Relations with Economics at the University of Birmingham or for Economics and Politics at the University of Sheffield. I like both courses a lot.
    The positions of these universities vary amongst league tables and there are a lot of different opinions. Which one would be better regarded by employers?
    Unfortunately I can't come visit as I live in Finland, so any comments on the cities and campuses are also welcome.

Thank you!
    Employers in the UK don't tend to put much emphasis on league tables except for maybe law and investment banking. What they do look for is work experience and a strong application. Whether employers in Finland are any different I don't know. So concentrate on the course content and facilities, accomodation e.c.t

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.