Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

What does a marked GCSE paper look like?

Can you see the examiners ticks and X's? Can you see the mark and grade they wrote on the front?

If they've been marked on computer can you request the electronic copy to see the examiners stuff?

ReputationRep:
    not really- it's actually got hardly any marks in but maybe just a raw mark on the front. ( saw some of my IGCSE June 2016 papers)

ReputationRep:
    I think they mark them electronically so there won't be any ticks or crosses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adz234)
    Can you see the examiners ticks and X's? Can you see the mark and grade they wrote on the front?
    Maths papers are scanned and marked onscreen. There are printed things like Q1a M, Q1aA1 etc - each mark is either given or not.

ReputationRep:

If they've been marked on computer can you request the electronic copy to see the examiners stuff?
    This is what mine looked like
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  504.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 596696

Above is what an online marked paper looks like.

Below is what a normally marked paper is like (not online)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1479631117.602925.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  130.3 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

That looks like a CCEA exam paper. Is that GCSE chemistry you do or is it DAS or SAS? I do SAS and I done my unit 2 chemistry in the summer and got an a*. I just sat my unit 3 physics last Friday actually and I completely messed that paper up! Was so different to all the past papers I've done.
    Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    That looks like a CCEA exam paper. Is that GCSE chemistry you do or is it DAS or SAS? I do SAS and I done my unit 2 chemistry in the summer and got an a*. I just sat my unit 3 physics last Friday actually and I completely messed that paper up! Was so different to all the past papers I've done.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    [/QUOTE]

I do double award science and yes this is a CCEA paper!! Awk dont worry about your physics... I was worried about mine and still got 70/70. The examiners give credit for everything you write and often ignore what you got wrong. Well done in your chemistry by the way, I got the same in mine. That biology paper (picture above) was the one I struggled with. I had to get a remark to get it to an A*😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

[/QUOTE]

Thanks and the same to you! Wow full marks in a physics paper is brilliant as it's not exactly the easiest subject but I suppose you're either good at it or you're not. Do you do any other exams with CCEA? I do except for ICT as it is with edexcel. I sat my unit t5 maths in the summer and got a d lol, unit 1 geography (a) unit 1 English Lang (foundation tier) and got a C and then I got a level 2 distinction in a CCEA occupational studies course. By chance, did you do the same exams as me? How did you find them?

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    All my exams are with CCEA and I do

Maths (T4 and T6)
    English Language (Higher)
    Religious Studies (Gospel of Matthew)
    Geography
    Further Mathematics
    Double Award Science
    Business Studies
    ICT

Last year, I did T3 maths(to secure a B) and I got full marks and will be siting t4 in January. I also did geography unit 1 (A*) I loved that paper. Was hoping for boscastle case study but🙄 the rest of it was great. Then in further maths I got A*. Biology I got an A*. Business studies I got an A* and ICT controlled assessment was an A.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
    not really- it's actually got hardly any marks in but maybe just a raw mark on the front. ( saw some of my IGCSE June 2016 papers)
    How did u see them? I also wrote Edexcel IGCSE June 2016 exam

That is really good, i'd love full marks in maths! Yes I thought the geography paper was good although I thought I done really badly after coming out of the exam but I'm happy with an A.

The only case studies I learnt were Derwent, Mississippi, Newcastle, Co. Down, the earthquake one for Kobe and I actually can't remember what the other one was and there was one about climate change in the UK, so for me I'm glad they didn't ask boscastle as there would have been a blank answer in my paper lol.

The only question I hated was the one about the rainfall change in the U.K as a weather system passed over, my teacher only taught us about how temperature would change so that was a full 6 marks down the drain but i made an attempt at so who knows how many marks I got on it.

I'm currently preparing for my unit 2 exam in June, I haven't started revising yet for it, do you think I should?

Oh yeah, I submitted my geography unit 3 CA back in September, I know you'll probably not know, but when do teachers normally mark them? I would love to know what grade I got but I really do hope I don't have to wait until results day in August to find out.

ReputationRep:
    The boscastle is the case study about flooding. You must have did a different one. The unit 2 paper I think will be harder. However, I'm just revising for mocks in December ATM. I just started my controlled assessment so I actually don't know when we will be getting it back😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rashina)
    How did u see them? I also wrote Edexcel IGCSE June 2016 exam
    Priority Access to Scripts Service ( closed totally for 2016 as marks fully confirmed)

ReputationRep:
    Wait do you get the papers back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trabajadora)
    I think they mark them electronically so there won't be any ticks or crosses.
    Yeah some papers are marked electronically. Do you know which ones?

ReputationRep:
    Markers don't actually get the physical papers. They don't even get an entire paper of one candidate to look at. They receive scans of a question from a random selection of the entire cohort that took the exam which they mark onscreen.

ReputationRep:
    Priority Access to Scripts Service ( closed totally for 2016 as marks fully confirmed)
    So u accessed it via ResultsPlus Direct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rashina)
    So u accessed it via ResultsPlus Direct?
    no, scan via exams officer

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.