The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

DPhil in International Relations at Oxford?

Hello! I would just like any input about applying for the IR DPhil at Oxford. I suppose my main concerns would be my undergraduate grades. I went to a top 10 school in the United States with grade deflation and my GPA is around a 3.5-3.6. Now I'm studying a taught masters at a Russell Group Uni in the UK. The course requirements say that most successful applicants have a 3.7. Thing is, I have already contacted a professor who is interested in my proposal. I'm just wondering how strict the undergrad GPA requirement holds and if I should even bother applying.

Sidenote, 4,000 word research proposal. Dang.
Entry requirements are quite important but at this level the research proposal and someone really wanting to supervise your work is too so your best bet is to contact the uni and see what they have to say. Also keep your prof in the loop so it doesn't look like you've mislead them.
(edited 7 years ago)
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by wolf232
Hello! I would just like any input about applying for the IR DPhil at Oxford. I suppose my main concerns would be my undergraduate grades. I went to a top 10 school in the United States with grade deflation and my GPA is around a 3.5-3.6. Now I'm studying a taught masters at a Russell Group Uni in the UK. The course requirements say that most successful applicants have a 3.7. Thing is, I have already contacted a professor who is interested in my proposal. I'm just wondering how strict the undergrad GPA requirement holds and if I should even bother applying.

Sidenote, 4,000 word research proposal. Dang.

Oxford will be very familiar with the specific grade profile of you undergrad uni and will understand the context of your grade.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending