Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Personal staement help!!

ReputationRep:
    So i've done my PS but my teacher asked me to add a couple of lines about my self to do with how organised i am and how i balance my social life. But i'm literally stuck on how to start it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rockyboy)
    So i've done my PS but my teacher asked me to add a couple of lines about my self to do with how organised i am and how i balance my social life. But i'm literally stuck on how to start it
    Is there anything in your application to imply that you are less organised than the average applicant?

Is disorganisation likely to result in your rejection?

If your teacher is so keen to make the point that you're particularly well organised then ask them to include that in your reference - in your PS it's likely to sound like unjustified bragging about a trait that isn't particularly required for any degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Is there anything in your application to imply that you are less organised than the average applicant?

Is disorganisation likely to result in your rejection?

If your teacher is so keen to make the point that you're particularly well organised then ask them to include that in your reference - in your PS it's likely to sound like unjustified bragging about a trait that isn't particularly required for any degree.
    Those were just the examples he gave me, but there's nothing telling them that i'm disorganised. he said to talk about my self so i didn't really understand it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rockyboy)
    Those were just the examples he gave me, but there's nothing telling them that i'm disorganised. he said to talk about my self so i didn't really understand it
    Teachers don't always know what they're talking about when it comes to a PS. If you feel like following his advice would make your PS less reflective of you personally then ignore him.

You can always ask for someone here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...SR-PS-reviewer to review your PS.

ReputationRep:
    What do you do socially might be a starting point. Then look at how you balance and organise your time to fit everything you do. Good luck

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.