Personal staement help!! Watch

Rockyboy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So i've done my PS but my teacher asked me to add a couple of lines about my self to do with how organised i am and how i balance my social life. But i'm literally stuck on how to start it
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rockyboy)
So i've done my PS but my teacher asked me to add a couple of lines about my self to do with how organised i am and how i balance my social life. But i'm literally stuck on how to start it
Is there anything in your application to imply that you are less organised than the average applicant?

Is disorganisation likely to result in your rejection?

If your teacher is so keen to make the point that you're particularly well organised then ask them to include that in your reference - in your PS it's likely to sound like unjustified bragging about a trait that isn't particularly required for any degree.
Rockyboy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
Is there anything in your application to imply that you are less organised than the average applicant?

Is disorganisation likely to result in your rejection?

If your teacher is so keen to make the point that you're particularly well organised then ask them to include that in your reference - in your PS it's likely to sound like unjustified bragging about a trait that isn't particularly required for any degree.
Those were just the examples he gave me, but there's nothing telling them that i'm disorganised. he said to talk about my self so i didn't really understand it
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rockyboy)
Those were just the examples he gave me, but there's nothing telling them that i'm disorganised. he said to talk about my self so i didn't really understand it
Teachers don't always know what they're talking about when it comes to a PS. If you feel like following his advice would make your PS less reflective of you personally then ignore him.

You can always ask for someone here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...SR-PS-reviewer to review your PS.
Simonthegreat
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What do you do socially might be a starting point. Then look at how you balance and organise your time to fit everything you do. Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (162)
26.78%
No (443)
73.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise