Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is there any way i can get it out? i let it dry and picked some of it off, but there is still a massive stain as it spilt over quite a big area. Will it wash out or can i melt it off somehow?

ReputationRep:
    Use google, innit.

http://www.mrscleannw.com/tips/remove-candle-wax.html

Either Stain Devil OR Vanish - works wonders, trust me!

ReputationRep:
    don't worry. you've probably started a fad.

expect to start buying jeans pre-waxed.

ReputationRep:
    Oooooo can you lovely people tell me how to get it out of a (wool) coat - have been petrified to try anything and damage it!!!

ReputationRep:
    I spilt nailpolish on mine, what should I do? I'm kinda scared that nailpolish remover is going to make a big stain...

ReputationRep:
    Put brown paper over the wax and iron on a low heat. Works like a dream.

ReputationRep:
    ooh, i heard that if you put the item in the freezer, then the wax will come out really easily. not quite sure how it works, but you could give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink*Guildhall)
    ooh, i heard that if you put the item in the freezer, then the wax will come out really easily. not quite sure how it works, but you could give it a go.
    That's usually for chewing gum.

For wax either the brown paper thing mentioned further up or get a stain devil specifically for wax (i've never used one for wax but they usually work well)

For nailvarnish DO NOT use nailvarnish remover it will dissolve the fabric leaving a hole or, at least, take the colour out of the fabric leaving a white spot. You get a stain devil for nail varnish and it works really well (have used it before)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASprinkleOfPixieDust)
    For nailvarnish DO NOT use nailvarnish remover it will dissolve the fabric leaving a hole or, at least, take the colour out of the fabric leaving a white spot. You get a stain devil for nail varnish and it works really well (have used it before)
    So what should I do then?

ReputationRep:
    Well i spilt nailvarnish remover on my blue jeans the other day and they are still fine :]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orbelina)
    Is there any way i can get it out? i let it dry and picked some of it off, but there is still a massive stain as it spilt over quite a big area. Will it wash out or can i melt it off somehow?
    I bet that looks incriminating...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    I bet that looks incriminating...
    It really does! thats the worst part, if i cant get it out i wont be able to wear them at all because it looks quite, ahem...suspicious
    But im gonna try the iron thing and see if that works. Thanks for the suggestions peeps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flopifloor)
    So what should I do then?
    You can get a stain devil stainremover for nailvarnish that works really well generally, it's the green one for nail varnish.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.