Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Architecture HELP!!

ReputationRep:
    I recently discovered that i want to study Architecture at university. However i am finding it very difficult to decided on the universities i want. The only thing i know for a fact is that i want to study in the UK, and preferably a foundation year (just to make sure that this is what i want), also the subjects i took for IB, limit me to only doing a bachelor of arts, as i didn't take subjects like physics and Hl math, but i took HL art. I would really find it useful if you are in the same position or if you already went through a similar thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FailingIB)
    I recently discovered that i want to study Architecture at university. However i am finding it very difficult to decided on the universities i want. The only thing i know for a fact is that i want to study in the UK, and preferably a foundation year (just to make sure that this is what i want), also the subjects i took for IB, limit me to only doing a bachelor of arts, as i didn't take subjects like physics and Hl math, but i took HL art. I would really find it useful if you are in the same position or if you already went through a similar thing.
    Not very many places do an architecture foundation, even fewer places with a good reputation for design. I know that the Architectural Association does one, but you might be a bit late (and it is rather expensive).

Places never ask for a foundation year, so there is no need to have that anyway. A lot of places don't need maths and physics per se; the Bartlett, Sheffield and many other places don't really ask for these.

Either way, you ought to get cracking if you are going for 2017 as the deadline is only a few months away. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Foundation at the AA is a racket, just saying...

ReputationRep:
    Oxford Brookes does a fantastic foundation called Built Environment. It isn't specifically about architecture, rather more designing/ planning. It will lead you into the first year of the architecture course at Oxford Brookes. Art foundations are also a good choice because you can direct it towards designing buildings; building up a portfolio will help you get into a good architecture course. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_heritage)
    Oxford Brookes does a fantastic foundation called Built Environment. It isn't specifically about architecture, rather more designing/ planning. It will lead you into the first year of the architecture course at Oxford Brookes. Art foundations are also a good choice because you can direct it towards designing buildings; building up a portfolio will help you get into a good architecture course. Good luck!
    Thank you so much, this is very helpful, yeah I decided to apply to more foundation years rather then specific course since I'm a bit indecisive. So If you have anymore ideas of where I should apply for foundation years in the uk that would be amazing. So far I have looked at -Kingston, UAL, Leeds and I'm still in the process of looking for more

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.