Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    so i work in retail, usually in the day but for christmas they've put 3 of us on nights. i don't get paid any extra (£5.40 is my wage) and it's 10pm till 7am. They've done it so we can do delivery at night but there's hardly any delivery and we usually finish it by 1am which means we have to just find something to do and waste time for another 6 hours. i've said i don't want to do it but they said they need me on nights. idk what to do i literally don't have a life and my sleeping pattern is ****ed all for £5.40. i do like not having to deal with customers or wear uniform but there's nothing to do and i'm sick of it

ReputationRep:
    Not much you can do. You can request to be moved off nights but if they refuse you may have to choose between your job and these shifts.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.