Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Brexit: 'Scaremongers' fears are becoming reality Watch

ReputationRep:
    As a result of the Brexit vote, France seems intent on relocating border controls from Calais back to Dover.

Bad news for all those leavers who were taken in by Leave's anti immigration stance.

The chairman of RBS has also explained that the Government needs to get its act together and provide some certainty. He thinks that banks will be looking to leave if they can't be sure what Brexit will actually look like.

This seems problematic, since it is fairly apparent that the Government has no idea how Brexit will pan out.

And going to EU countries for a holiday will be £10 more expensive for us. We'll have to pay this - in a similar fashion to the US Visa Waiver system.

And our man Farage has gone and buggered off! A summer of getting stuck in with team Trump (having spent the previous few months lambasting any foreign leader who dared talk about the EU referendum), he seems intent on finding a job Stateside.

He reminds me of a really bad CEO - going from business to business, sucking it dry, destroying it and moving on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnerTemple)
    As a result of the Brexit vote, France seems intent on relocating border controls from Calais back to Dover.

Bad news for all those leavers who were taken in by Leave's anti immigration stance.

The chairman of RBS has also explained that the Government needs to get its act together and provide some certainty. He thinks that banks will be looking to leave if they can't be sure what Brexit will actually look like.

This seems problematic, since it is fairly apparent that the Government has no idea how Brexit will pan out.

And going to EU countries for a holiday will be £10 more expensive for us. We'll have to pay this - in a similar fashion to the US Visa Waiver system.

And our man Farage has gone and buggered off! A summer of getting stuck in with team Trump (having spent the previous few months lambasting any foreign leader who dared talk about the EU referendum), he seems intent on finding a job Stateside.

He reminds me of a really bad CEO - going from business to business, sucking it dry, destroying it and moving on.
    Fantastic, who doesn't want borders changed

ReputationRep:
    But... May said we'll make a success out of Brexit!!!!1!!!111!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Going on holiday will be £10 dearer? Holy ****, stop the clocks! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Going on holiday will be £10 dearer? Holy ****, stop the clocks! :woo:
    We don't know exactly what's going to happen, we haven't even left the EU yet and we probably won't be leaving for another two years!!

The economy will be weaker though. Anyone who states otherwise is a fool or in denial...

ReputationRep:
    brexit was always going to be a disaster no matter what silly rhetoric the brexit camp throws at us.

As far as im concerned, a remoaner= A pragmatic realist
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    If anything, Brexit is actually gong far better than i thought it would be by now. I expected an immediate recession which would probably not yield until late 2018 with a rise in unemployment through 2017 of about 300,000 as Mercedes ect.. pull out. Right now we're looking at a mild slowdown and employment is still growing at a moderate pace, firms are much less willing to up sticks immediately than i thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    If anything, Brexit is actually gong far better than i thought it would be by now.
    Brexit hasn't happened.

We are currently in the pre-amble. And from Today's news, it seems the Government has no idea what's going on.

ReputationRep:

That's fine, having a border at Dover. What it means is we have to police it better and ship off the illegals with no papers to an off shore deportation queue.

ReputationRep:
    it is just the calm before the storm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHallowvale)
    But... May said we'll make a success out of Brexit!!!!1!!!111!!!!
    May wants super hard, super massive Brexit. She has not even ruled out Britian's withdrawal from the Council of Europe as was hinted on a Sunday morning talk show the other week.

She is the prime example of a dirty lying politician. She said she was pro-remain before the referendum. Then the Brexiters won by the skin of their teeth and May has shown her true colours as a Europhobe who hates the very idea of the EU. She has totally ignored the remainers, or anyone wanting a free market and consideration of free movement.

And that's a leader who wasn't even elected as PM from a party that only won 36% of the vote in 2015.

ReputationRep:
    If anything, Brexit is actually gong far better than i thought it would be by now. I expected an immediate recession which would probably not yield until late 2018 with a rise in unemployment through 2017 of about 300,000 as Mercedes ect.. pull out. Right now we're looking at a mild slowdown and employment is still growing at a moderate pace, firms are much less willing to up sticks immediately than i thought.
    The pound was in free fall (less than €1= 95p) it got worse every-time May opened her Europhobic mouth until the courts ruled that parliament must have a vote. Shortly after the value of the pound went up.
    Thats a good indicator of what Brexit will do to our economy. Before the court ruling we were on the brink of a super massive recession, now we may have got away with it.

ReputationRep:
    All that's happening is that the pace is going a little more slowly than expected. We are still in the EU after all. If Johnson and May get their deranged way and we withdraw with a hard Brexit and no customs union next year after a rushed parliamentary hack, then you will see things crashing all around you. The government won't be able to pull out a Nissan and pour taxpayer money into every manufacturer to try to persuade them to stay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambitious1999)
    The pound was in free fall (less than €1= 95p) it got worse every-time May opened her Europhobic mouth until the courts ruled that parliament must have a vote. Shortly after the value of the pound went up.
    Thats a good indicator of what Brexit will do to our economy. Before the court ruling we were on the brink of a super massive recession, now we may have got away with it.
    Apparently Theresa is planning a rush on Parliament with a 3-sentence rushed Act to replace the EU acts and enable a rapid exit.

We truly are in the hands of overwhelming idiots hell bent on the destruction of this country, I suspect so that their hedge fund pals can crow parasitically over our corpses.

ReputationRep:
    And our man Farage has gone and buggered off!
    I don't think Farage buggering off was one of the scaremongerers fears...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    That's the subject of another thread I planed: "Unexpected benefits of Trump's victory."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    It was always likely he would need to find himself a bolt hole to hide in as the Brexit economic chaos descended. I imagine his plan would have been to tout himself as a sort of global consultant on undermining perfectly sound economies. Now he can get a job on Team Trump, as something like Junior Hairpiece Manipulator.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambitious1999)
    May wants super hard, super massive Brexit. She has not even ruled out Britian's withdrawal from the Council of Europe as was hinted on a Sunday morning talk show the other week.

She is the prime example of a dirty lying politician. She said she was pro-remain before the referendum. Then the Brexiters won by the skin of their teeth and May has shown her true colours as a Europhobe who hates the very idea of the EU. She has totally ignored the remainers, or anyone wanting a free market and consideration of free movement.

And that's a leader who wasn't even elected as PM from a party that only won 36% of the vote in 2015.
    So the people of Britain gave her a mandate and she is following through with it, what a ***** putting what the country wants in front of her own beliefs shows she is unfit to be pm.

no one has ever been elected pm in this country do you complain about every pm in history?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    It was always likely he would need to find himself a bolt hole to hide in as the Brexit economic chaos descended.
    That will be a perfect scenario for Farage.

He will say the British people voted for change and a break with the EU. Instead what they got, was British politicians and elites, doing a grubby deal with their chums in the EU behind closed doors, which meant Britain was kept tied to the EU via the back door. You have to reject grubby British politicians and vote for UKIP who are the only party who will stand up for the ordinary people of this country.

ReputationRep:
    Divide and conquer.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 19, 2016
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.