Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    I turn 18 in April, and I would love to have an amazing party, but I can't decide on a theme, so please help me!!! My three options are either 1920s/Hollywood really glamorous theme, a Paris themed party, or a Harry Potter themed party (yes, I am mentally 9!) So please tell me which party you would rather attend! Also, I'm not sure whether to just invite friends, or invite family too..... (opinions on this?)

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, Happy Birthday for April
    Hm, I can't speak for your friends/family, but I'd rather attend something Paris-themed, or possibly HP-themed (if it's not too dark or anything)... As for who you'd invite, as long as your family is happy with whatever you choose, you could just do a friends-thing, and have a separate, smaller family do at home But of course, that would just be what I'd choose - if you'd rather have family there too, then by all means go for it!

ReputationRep:
    1) friends
    2) alcohol
    3) drugs
    4) sex
    5) music
    6) glitter
    7) maybe that theme you were talking about
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Happy Birthday for next year! It would be cool to go to a HP b-day party - you can get a load of cool decor off amazon / ebay etc, you can play a few party games with harry potter even if you invent some, I'm not sure what you could do with a Paris themed one even though it sounds pretty cool anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RebekahKendall)
    I turn 18 in April, and I would love to have an amazing party, but I can't decide on a theme, so please help me!!! My three options are either 1920s/Hollywood really glamorous theme, a Paris themed party, or a Harry Potter themed party (yes, I am mentally 9!) So please tell me which party you would rather attend! Also, I'm not sure whether to just invite friends, or invite family too..... (opinions on this?)
    My friend did a HP theme one a couple of years ago. It was really fun, and it's great when everyone dresses up as the characters. As for the friends and family thing, it really depends on how big it's going to be, but if you were going for the HP theme then probably just stick to friends. Some family members might not really be keen on dressing up as HP characters.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say friends and family provided it's the sort of thing your family would actually enjoy - I can't speak for you but I know my parents wouldn't think much of an alcohol and idiocy-filled teen party! Maybe you're more sensible than my friends though. :P Harry Potter sounds like it has the most potential as a theme as you could link so much to it - food, drink, decor, costumes and so on - but if more than about 1/3 of your guests weren't in the fandom it might lose some of its impact. The other themes seem a bit more universal somehow.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.