Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

UCL Forensic Science - Questions (multiple)

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone.

I just registered in this forum and I hope I'm doing this right. If not, I apologize in advance.

I've finished my B.Sc. in Psychology at a German university (I'm German as well) and will be graduating from my M.Sc. in Clinical Psychology next year. I've always been interested in Forensic Science, but there was no chance to study that subject in my country when I had finished high school four years ago.

I'm waiting for my IELTS on the 26th of November, but afterwards I want to apply to UCL for a M.Sc. in Crime and Forensic Science. I already messaged them and phoned the admission office and they said that with my education so far, my application would definitely be considered. They also said that having a B.Sc. as well as a M.Sc. already would definitely help me.

Now I'm wondering what else I can do to raise my chances of being accepted. Of course I need a brilliant personal statement and sufficient grades in my IELTS test. I'm not that worried about the test, but I don't know how modest or bragging I should be in my personal statement. I will need scholarships in terms of paying for the tuition and living in London, and those require personal statements as well.

Are there any statistics or information on how many applicants usually receive an offer for a place in the programme? What else should I be doing to raise my chances of being accepted? The grades in my B.Sc. and M.Sc. have obviously been awarded as is done in the German grading system, but they more than fulfill the university's criteria (should both be first honours degrees, if I'm correct).

I don't know if it matters, but in the German version of A-levels, I took chemistry, biology and English, achieving (not sure about whether they transfer from German to English grades is correct here) B+/B+/A* in them.

I hope that's not too many questions at once, and that someone can help me.

Thank you so much beforehand.

- Nocem

ReputationRep:
    Help?

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.