The Student Room Group

Paeds Training Regions

So Specialty Application time has finally rolled around :eek::eek: And I'm going in for paeds training this year.

My preference is currently Severn, for family and general familiarity with the region reasons, but it is pretty much the most competitive. I'm wondering if there are any Paedsy people from Wessex/Oxford regions out there who can give me a bit of a run down on rotations hospitals etc, so I can think about my other options!

Thanks in advance!
Can't help you with that area I'm afraid, but yay for paeds, great specialty :smile:
Reply 2
Where are you training?
West Midlands. A big deanery, you do risk getting sent pretty far and wide, but I like it. They're exceptionally pedantic about e-portfolio here, more than any other deanery I know, which gets quite tedious.
I'm training in Peninsula and about to transfer to Severn. Have met a fair few wessex paeds trainees tho at events and they usually rave about the quality of their training, very well organised, lots of simulation. If you google 'wessex schhol of paediatrics' you should be able to find some info on the hospitals within it.
Best of luck for your application, congrats on choosing the best specialty!
Original post by DrGalago
So Specialty Application time has finally rolled around :eek::eek: And I'm going in for paeds training this year.

My preference is currently Severn, for family and general familiarity with the region reasons, but it is pretty much the most competitive. I'm wondering if there are any Paedsy people from Wessex/Oxford regions out there who can give me a bit of a run down on rotations hospitals etc, so I can think about my other options!

Thanks in advance!

Is there a reason why London isn't the most competitive (like most other things!)?
Original post by notespad
Is there a reason why London isn't the most competitive (like most other things!)?

I like to think its because the type of personality that chooses paeds is a type that doesnt value the london lifestyle as much as perhaps other medics, but thats just my completely biased opinion as a paeds trainee who loves sun, sea and surf 😎

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending