Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Diagnostic Endoscopy.

ReputationRep:
    Hello people. I am a 22 year old female who is a real fitness freak. Regular go to the gym to lift weights, swimming etc. I suffer from acid or bile reflux and heartburn all the time. I am currently taking omeperazole capsules daily which i firmly state are not helping at all. Sometimes my voice sounds weird expecially when i am working. Also top of my throat itches and my teeth are really bad words cannot describe how my teeth hurt. Very sharp crushing pains. My jaw sometimes locks. My diet is very strict. I have tried several home remedies but nothing seems to help. Work feel like i like to take excessive time off and in actual fact no, i love to work. I am a very hard worker. Any advice on what i should do as i have no idea and feel like giving up . This has been happening for 3 years now and as a consequence i started teething for my wisdom teeth when all this started.

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't trust tsr for a medical diagnosis.

Go to your GP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DocPK)
    Shouldn't trust tsr for a medical diagnosis.

Go to your GP!

Cheers for the advice. I have made an apoointment but in the meantime thought i would post on here. I just wanted to know if there are others suffering the same. Particularly my age because i seem to be the only one as many people i come across.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fn4494)
    Hello people. I am a 22 year old female who is a real fitness freak. Regular go to the gym to lift weights, swimming etc. I suffer from acid or bile reflux and heartburn all the time. I am currently taking omeperazole capsules daily which i firmly state are not helping at all. Sometimes my voice sounds weird expecially when i am working. Also top of my throat itches and my teeth are really bad words cannot describe how my teeth hurt. Very sharp crushing pains. My jaw sometimes locks. My diet is very strict. I have tried several home remedies but nothing seems to help. Work feel like i like to take excessive time off and in actual fact no, i love to work. I am a very hard worker. Any advice on what i should do as i have no idea and feel like giving up . This has been happening for 3 years now and as a consequence i started teething for my wisdom teeth when all this started.
    Hi. You may want to look into GERD (GORD in the UK) I have it and have similar symptoms to you. You could try the diet recommended for it (just google). I tried omeprazole too and had no luck. You could try ranitidine I don't know if that is OTC in the UK or not. Though that didn't work for me either. Acid reflux can actually lead to cancer in the esophagus so you should definitely go to your doctor. If the drugs don't work you may even need surgery - I'm having one last test later this week and depending on the result I will probably have to have surgery which is scary. Antacids can sometimes help maybe give those a try when you get it really bad. But yes; doctor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    Hi. You may want to look into GERD (GORD in the UK) I have it and have similar symptoms to you. You could try the diet recommended for it (just google). I tried omeprazole too and had no luck. You could try ranitidine I don't know if that is OTC in the UK or not. Though that didn't work for me either. Acid reflux can actually lead to cancer in the esophagus so you should definitely go to your doctor. If the drugs don't work you may even need surgery - I'm having one last test later this week and depending on the result I will probably have to have surgery which is scary. Antacids can sometimes help maybe give those a try when you get it really bad. But yes; doctor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm being piloted for a new treatment, but I'm not sure it's for me, won't say much about but I'm sure it's to help when I'm not feeling hungry, as well as symptoms you guys are familiar with and as I'm generally not feeling too good on meds, Barrett's oesophagus isn't it? Have you guys consider low FODMAP diet to help with symptoms? All triggered possibly bcos I had my gallbladder out n other issues.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiet _One86)
    I'm being piloted for a new treatment, but I'm not sure it's for me, won't say much about but I'm sure it's to help when I'm not feeling hungry, as well as symptoms you guys are familiar with and as I'm generally not feeling too good on meds, Barrett's oesophagus isn't it? Have you guys consider low FODMAP diet to help with symptoms? All triggered possibly bcos I had my gallbladder out n other issues.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't tried a low FODMAP diet but having a google it seems to be more intestine/lower digestive tract rather than stomach? So far I've just been following the diet my doctor told me to and it's a bit hit and miss. I definitely can't eat tomatoes or acidic fruits they really make the reflux play up. The diet is making me feel depressed, I can't eat or drink any of the things I love. Hell, right now I just took my psych meds and the water has caused really painful heartburn, it does this every night - so I can't have soda, tea, coffee, and also water - notice the problem there?

I take it you've had an upper endoscopy? I'm not a doctor but I'm pretty surprised you got this from having your gallbladder out, I wouldn't have guessed that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fn4494)
    Othere people seem to have covered this better than I could, but I just want to add that you should see a dentist too. If it's causing issues with your teeth you should get it checked to make sure nothing needs to be done. If it's causing pain it could mean that it is also causing damage. They can also advise you on pain relief for it.

Oh and since you seem to have quite a mix of symptoms it may help for you to write them down when you see your doc just so you don't forget any.

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    I haven't tried a low FODMAP diet but having a google it seems to be more intestine/lower digestive tract rather than stomach? So far I've just been following the diet my doctor told me to and it's a bit hit and miss. I definitely can't eat tomatoes or acidic fruits they really make the reflux play up. The diet is making me feel depressed, I can't eat or drink any of the things I love. Hell, right now I just took my psych meds and the water has caused really painful heartburn, it does this every night - so I can't have soda, tea, coffee, and also water - notice the problem there?

I take it you've had an upper endoscopy? I'm not a doctor but I'm pretty surprised you got this from having your gallbladder out, I wouldn't have guessed that.
    Sounds like quite the limiting diet, sorry to hear that, I guess I'm gonna have the same diet at this rate but food and drink has always been a juggling act most of my life. From intolerances, sensitivities to general food avoidances due to poor diet and side effects, I guess it's all a balance to avoid symptoms. Good luck working on something that'll work for you in the long run. Got my bloods back today and some of the results require further action..lets see shall we. Upper endo and MRIs etc. over the years. Gallstones were found via ultrasound but my hiatus hernia/gastritis and later gastroparesis was found with various methods.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: November 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.