Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    All the grammar schools are a bit far for me but I will still apply these are the ones I looked at if anyone goes to any of them or knows anything of them please say.Here is the list:

Henrietta Barnet
    Walington county
    Nonsuch girls
    St Michaels
    Kendrick
    Tiffin
    Judd
    St Olaves

I am thinking of latymar but I am not sure whether there is a catchment area.If there are any catchment areas for these above please say so.Much appreciated.I will not be able to attend the open evenings so any information would be appreciated about these schools.

ReputationRep:
    Just look on each of the schools websites and it will say the catchement area. Almost all schools have a catachement area, so you should stick to your side of London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobBobson)
    Just look on each of the schools websites and it will say the catchement area. Almost all schools have a catachement area, so you should stick to your side of London.
    But I want to go to a grammar school!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    All the grammar schools are a bit far for me but I will still apply these are the ones I looked at if anyone goes to any of them or knows anything of them please say.Here is the list:

Henrietta Barnet
    Walington county
    Nonsuch girls
    St Michaels
    Kendrick
    Tiffin
    Judd
    St Olaves

I am thinking of latymar but I am not sure whether there is a catchment area.If there are any catchment areas for these above please say so.Much appreciated.I will not be able to attend the open evenings so any information would be appreciated about these schools.
    Grammar schools don't have catchment - you get in if you pass the exam - I only know three of these but all Grammar schools are about the same (check the league tables to see where they place). I'm an old grammar school girl and loved it.

Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade CMinds)
    Grammar schools don't have catchment - you get in if you pass the exam - I only know three of these but all Grammar schools are about the same (check the league tables to see where they place). I'm an old grammar school girl and loved it.

Best of luck
    Do you know any of these on my list?

ReputationRep:

Best of luck
    Not true everywhere. In my old school district (I left last year) 1/3 of the places went to the best people in catchment area, then the remaining 2/3 were given out regardless of where you lived - so if you had a worse score in the 11+, you'd be more likely to get in if you lived in the catchment area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveire&song)
    Not true everywhere. In my old school district (I left last year) 1/3 of the places went to the best people in catchment area, then the remaining 2/3 were given out regardless of where you lived - so if you had a worse score in the 11+, you'd be more likely to get in if you lived in the catchment area.
    Thank you also cute picture I love monster inc too!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you also cute picture I love monster inc too!
    Thank you! Also woo monsters inc buddies!!!

Good luck with all your sixth form applications ❤

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Also woo monsters inc buddies!!!

Good luck with all your sixth form applications ❤
    Thank you so much i grew up with monster inc which part do you like 1 or 2?

ReputationRep:
    This is correct. Idk about grammar schools in the south east; but up here in Yorkshire I got into my grammar school despite being a 2 bus commute away, so we didn't have catchements.

But afaik some grammars do, so I'd do some research, see if you can find out which ones on your list don't have catchments (if any)

ReputationRep:
    Do you know any of these on my list?
    Firstly I have to apologise I didn't read the tittle of the thread - now I see that you are talking about sixth form and not secondary then what everyone is saying is correct.

I know St Michaels / Henrietta / Latymer - I love Grammar schools for secondary but hate them for sixth form - if you are a straight A student that doesn't really need any help (in terms of stress / time management / study skills etc) and you just need someone to teach you content thats it - grammar school is perfect. College or specific sixth form colleges are better if you have other stuff also going on - or you need a little extra guidance.

But - you sound decided - and based on that all three are very good schools and have been written in my order of preference - but you have to go and get a feel for them.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Firstly I have to apologise I didn't read the tittle of the thread - now I see that you are talking about sixth form and not secondary then what everyone is saying is correct.

I know St Michaels / Henrietta / Latymer - I love Grammar schools for secondary but hate them for sixth form - if you are a straight A student that doesn't really need any help (in terms of stress / time management / study skills etc) and you just need someone to teach you content thats it - grammar school is perfect. College or specific sixth form colleges are better if you have other stuff also going on - or you need a little extra guidance.

But - you sound decided - and based on that all three are very good schools and have been written in my order of preference - but you have to go and get a feel for them.

Hope that helps
    Thank you so much I will only attend henrietta though but i will aplly to all three.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.