does our society idealise bullying? Watch

intelligent con
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Although we claim to hate bullies our society really seems to praise them. Most reality TV shows are basically televised bullying and Trump as well as most Brexit politicians were popular because of how they bullied their opponents. Whenever someone tries to be the nice guy they get completely **** over for being boring and weak (see Jeb bush and Jeremy Corbyn), while everyone seems to talk about how the person bullying them is a legend and alpha male. Everyone's favourite part on the apprentice is when Lord sugar insults all the candidates, the same can be said for Jeremy Kyle who purposefully humiliates his guests for the lols. It seems to me that our society absolutely loves bullying no matter how much people pretend to be against it.
CorpusLuteum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah. Being mean is now a trend to say the very least
Mistletoe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Verbal bullying ceases to be "bullying" when you've matured, and it becomes merely a childish form of argument.
Nirvana1989-1994
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah, hence the reason why all the people with crappy personalities are still popular.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.28%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.52%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.84%
Not yet but I might (58)
13.36%

Watched Threads