Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Do you think the majority of people overestimate their looks or underestimate them? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you think the majority of people overestimate their looks or underestimate them?
    Overestimate (think they are more attractive than they are)
    25.00%
    Underestimate (think they are less attractive than they are)
    40.00%
    Neither (have an accurate idea of how attractive they are)
    35.00%

ReputationRep:
    I'm just curious, what do you think? and why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moura)
    I'm just curious, what do you think? and why?
    Underestimate. I'm too damn sexy :banana2:

ReputationRep:
    Most men overestimate how much looks matter.

ReputationRep:
    Underestimate. Mainly because they have insecurities and don't feel confident in themselves.

ReputationRep:
    I'd just say it really depends on what other people tell them, which is a bit sad..

ReputationRep:
    Most overrate

to the point where they would take offense if you said they were average.

ReputationRep:
    I find that less attractive people tend to 'over estimate' their looks whilst attractive people tend to 'under estimate' their looks. I find this trait to be particularly pertinent in girls.

ReputationRep:
    I think most people underestimate their attractiveness, you just don't necessarily realise since you don't hear them people parading around the streets about how ugly they are as you do the overly vain ladies that think they are all that when average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieButter)
    I find less attractive people tend to 'over estimate' their looks and attractive people tend to 'under estimate' their looks. I find this trait to be particularly pertinent with girls.
    Do you judge the attractiveness of males a lot?

ReputationRep:
    I think more people under estimate then because he amount of teens and adults who are self conscious is increasing massively

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.