Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

There's a school event going on next month and since I'm in my final year of sixth form, I was hoping to go with my boyfriend - he's in the year above.

I know lots of other people that are bringing their boyfriends and girlfriends that are older and from different schools to this event. My boyfriend doesn't want to go because he says it's something more for my year group and he claims he wouldn't have anyone to talk to. He's actually friends with a few people in my year and some in year 12 too, and besides he'd have me to talk to if there wasn't anyone he knew, but that's not the case.

Am I being a bit unreasonable wanting him to go?

I might go without him anyway since this sort of the last big event linked to the school and I've never been to any before.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There's a school event going on next month and since I'm in my final year of sixth form, I was hoping to go with my boyfriend - he's in the year above.

I know lots of other people that are bringing their boyfriends and girlfriends that are older and from different schools to this event. My boyfriend doesn't want to go because he says it's something more for my year group and he claims he wouldn't have anyone to talk to. He's actually friends with a few people in my year and some in year 12 too, and besides he'd have me to talk to if there wasn't anyone he knew, but that's not the case.

Am I being a bit unreasonable wanting him to go?

I might go without him anyway since this sort of the last big event linked to the school and I've never been to any before.

Thanks in advance.
    You're not being unreasonable at all, especially seeing as he's only one year older than you! But clearly if his reason of "not having anyone to talk to" isn't really valid then there must be some other reason as to why he doesn't want to go. I wouldn't push it if you're fine to go without him. Worst thing would be having a moody boyfriend there ruining your night

(Original post by shaheenl0ve)
    You're not being unreasonable at all, especially seeing as he's only one year older than you! But clearly if his reason of "not having anyone to talk to" isn't really valid then there must be some other reason as to why he doesn't want to go. I wouldn't push it if you're fine to go without him. Worst thing would be having a moody boyfriend there ruining your night
    Thank you! I thought I was just being a crazy unreasonable girlfriend.

To be honest it'd be nicer to go with friends because our relationship has been strained ever since he started uni and we've been having to work as a LDR. His ego has inflated like I don't know what, so showing him I can have fun without him is sure to sort that.

Thanks again!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: November 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.