Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Manchester Interview Geology

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email saying I have to go in for an tour day and academic interview at the start of December, wondering if anybody else has had one of these and what to expect? (applying for Geology BsC)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollya99)
    Just got an email saying I have to go in for an tour day and academic interview at the start of December, wondering if anybody else has had one of these and what to expect? (applying for Geology BsC)
    http://university.which.co.uk/univer...000-f600-46750 75% of applicants get an offer - it's very likely that the "interview" isn't selective in any way but is a chance to chat to you and encourage you to attend an applicant day (where they can persuade you that their course is better than your other 4 choices).

ReputationRep:
    I've been invited to the applicants day on the 3rd of December. How are you preparing for the interview?

ReputationRep:
    Yep! I've been invited to this too, same day. I prepared by having a mock interview in school, my headteacher just asked me a load of standard Q's, you know like "why Manchester..." "Why geology?" And then also a load of geology and geography Q's, like "describe what life would be like on Earth if oxygen didn't exist" stuff like that. I'm not too worried, I think it's better to not over-prepare cos then you run the risk of sounding rehearsed

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.