Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Very bad GCSEs but good A-Levels?? Oxford aspirations ?

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I did quite badly in my GCSEs, with only 1 A, 4 Bs, 4 Cs, 1 D.
    However, after achieving 100 UMS on one Politics paper, and one Religious Studies paper in both AS subjects as well as achieving an A in my English Literature mock (linear course).
    As such, I'm now predicted A*A*A*, and am also doing the EPQ which I have every intention on getting an A* in as well.
    I know I can and will get 4 A*s in my a-levels. I also want to study Law at Oxford more than basically anything, and with averaging 30-odd on the practice LNAT tests, do I have a chance?
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B1gasp1rations)
    However, after achieving 100 UMS on one Politics paper, and one Religious Studies paper in both AS subjects as well as achieving an A in my English Literature mock (linear course).
    As such, I'm now predicted A*A*A*, and am also doing the EPQ which I have every intention on getting an A* in as well.
    I know I can and will get 4 A*s in my a-levels. I also want to study Law at Oxford more than basically anything, and with averaging 30-odd on the practice LNAT tests, do I have a chance?
    Thank you.
    Hiya! Similar position to you but perhaps even more disadvantaged (who knows) as I am doing a BTEC extended diploma. My GCSEs were 1A, 2B and 3C. I am now predicted D*D*D* and have applied to Oxford without anyone laughing at me! Remember, if you don't apply, you definately won't get in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B1gasp1rations)
    Thank you.
    Well you've missed the deadline by about a month Nah but I'm assuming you haven't yet applied, or have you?

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge would be better because Oxford is GCSE heavy whilst Cambridge is A Level heavy.

ReputationRep:
    You have a chance but your GCSEs would be a major disadvantage. I think you should look into Cambridge - they love high UMS and A2 results.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.