Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I did quite badly in my GCSEs, with only 1 A, 4 Bs, 4 Cs, 1 D.
    However, after achieving 100 UMS on one Politics paper, and one Religious Studies paper in both AS subjects as well as achieving an A in my English Literature mock (linear course).
    As such, I'm now predicted A*A*A*, and am also doing the EPQ which I have every intention on getting an A* in as well.
    I know I can and will get 4 A*s in my a-levels. I also want to study Law at Oxford more than basically anything, and with averaging 30-odd on the practice LNAT tests, do I have a chance?
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B1gasp1rations)
    However, after achieving 100 UMS on one Politics paper, and one Religious Studies paper in both AS subjects as well as achieving an A in my English Literature mock (linear course).
    As such, I'm now predicted A*A*A*, and am also doing the EPQ which I have every intention on getting an A* in as well.
    I know I can and will get 4 A*s in my a-levels. I also want to study Law at Oxford more than basically anything, and with averaging 30-odd on the practice LNAT tests, do I have a chance?
    Thank you.
    Hiya! Similar position to you but perhaps even more disadvantaged (who knows) as I am doing a BTEC extended diploma. My GCSEs were 1A, 2B and 3C. I am now predicted D*D*D* and have applied to Oxford without anyone laughing at me! Remember, if you don't apply, you definately won't get in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B1gasp1rations)
    Thank you.
    Well you've missed the deadline by about a month Nah but I'm assuming you haven't yet applied, or have you?

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge would be better because Oxford is GCSE heavy whilst Cambridge is A Level heavy.

ReputationRep:
    You have a chance but your GCSEs would be a major disadvantage. I think you should look into Cambridge - they love high UMS and A2 results.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.