Very bad GCSEs but good A-Levels?? Oxford aspirations ? Watch

B1gasp1rations
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I did quite badly in my GCSEs, with only 1 A, 4 Bs, 4 Cs, 1 D.
However, after achieving 100 UMS on one Politics paper, and one Religious Studies paper in both AS subjects as well as achieving an A in my English Literature mock (linear course).
As such, I'm now predicted A*A*A*, and am also doing the EPQ which I have every intention on getting an A* in as well.
I know I can and will get 4 A*s in my a-levels. I also want to study Law at Oxford more than basically anything, and with averaging 30-odd on the practice LNAT tests, do I have a chance?
Thank you.
mdowling
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by B1gasp1rations)
However, after achieving 100 UMS on one Politics paper, and one Religious Studies paper in both AS subjects as well as achieving an A in my English Literature mock (linear course).
As such, I'm now predicted A*A*A*, and am also doing the EPQ which I have every intention on getting an A* in as well.
I know I can and will get 4 A*s in my a-levels. I also want to study Law at Oxford more than basically anything, and with averaging 30-odd on the practice LNAT tests, do I have a chance?
Thank you.
Hiya! Similar position to you but perhaps even more disadvantaged (who knows) as I am doing a BTEC extended diploma. My GCSEs were 1A, 2B and 3C. I am now predicted D*D*D* and have applied to Oxford without anyone laughing at me! Remember, if you don't apply, you definately won't get in!
bigwang
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by B1gasp1rations)
Thank you.
Well you've missed the deadline by about a month Nah but I'm assuming you haven't yet applied, or have you?
Da Di Doo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Cambridge would be better because Oxford is GCSE heavy whilst Cambridge is A Level heavy.
StationToStation
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You have a chance but your GCSEs would be a major disadvantage. I think you should look into Cambridge - they love high UMS and A2 results.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (86)
17.84%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (310)
64.32%
Not yet but I am planning to (23)
4.77%
Not yet but I might (63)
13.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed