Is there any benefit in adding modules to qualifications? Watch

myca14
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm wondering if there's any point in adding modules for my qualifications. Does it look worse if I don't? I just feel like it makes the application look cluttered.

Thanks in advance.
Glib
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes definitely, fortunately my AS modules all scored A so I felt it made my application stronger, e.g. I didn't scrape a grade if you know what I mean. It may have helped me get all the offers I've got so far.
myca14
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Glib)
Yes definitely, fortunately my AS modules all scored A so I felt it made my application stronger, e.g. I didn't scrape a grade if you know what I mean. It may have helped me get all the offers I've got so far.
Thanks for the reply. It's just that in Scotland, our modules are 'pass or fail', there's no A/B/C. Also, I'm not sure what it's like in England, but modules here mean nothing, they're just things you have to pass in order to sit the exam. It means I end up having a bunch of passes written on my qualifications section, concerned that might make it look worse for any English unis Will leave them there for now though.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by myca14)
Thanks for the reply. It's just that in Scotland, our modules are 'pass or fail', there's no A/B/C. Also, I'm not sure what it's like in England, but modules here mean nothing, they're just things you have to pass in order to sit the exam. It means I end up having a bunch of passes written on my qualifications section, concerned that might make it look worse for any English unis Will leave them there for now though.
For scottish qualifications universities wont be worried about your module results (and if they are then they can contact you or your reference directly to find them out)
jemmaaa0853
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Some universities require you to put module information into UCAS, however this is only a small range of universities that say this. Most are satisfied with just overall grades. If you're unsure, they maybe contact the universities you're applying to, just for your peace of mind.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (585)
80.25%
Leave (144)
19.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise