Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Is Law at university in London with AAB possible?

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to apply to Queen Mary, LSE, Royal Holloway, Warwick and Southampton. My predicted grades are AAB in economics (A),sociology (A) and psychology (B). Most of the London unis want A*AA for Law with single honours, but I have found courses like Anthropology and Law at LSE (want AAB) or Law with Politics at QMUL (want AAA). I am hoping to achieve higher than my predicted grades and I've been told that my personal statement is solid, but I would much prefer to do Law only, rather than joint honours, as I fell in love with the legal clinic at QMUL during their open day.
    Is it better for me to give it a shot and apply for Law LLB at QMUL despite their entry requirements of A*AA or is it a waste of my choice?

ReputationRep:
    From my knowledge you need to meet minimum requirements to even get considered, or its an instant reject. May be wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    Entry requirements are usually typical offers not set in stone. If they love your application and you get a brilliant reference and a perfect personal statement you could have a chance. My ex boyfriend got into sheffield with bbc when the offer was aab! Id put a couple of ones you're unsure of with the grades and a couple of insurance choices, even with those grades you could still get into a good uni. You could also look into foundation courses which usually offer an extra year with lower grade boundaries. Good luck :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lorelaielle)
    I'm planning to apply to Queen Mary, LSE, Royal Holloway, Warwick and Southampton. My predicted grades are AAB in economics (A),sociology (A) and psychology (B). Most of the London unis want A*AA for Law with single honours, but I have found courses like Anthropology and Law at LSE (want AAB) or Law with Politics at QMUL (want AAA). I am hoping to achieve higher than my predicted grades and I've been told that my personal statement is solid, but I would much prefer to do Law only, rather than joint honours, as I fell in love with the legal clinic at QMUL during their open day.
    Is it better for me to give it a shot and apply for Law LLB at QMUL despite their entry requirements of A*AA or is it a waste of my choice?
    it depends on PS and all that but you need to meet the requirements too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray04)
    From my knowledge you need to meet minimum requirements to even get considered, or its an instant reject. May be wrong though.
    not always an instant reject mostly

ReputationRep:
    I've heard of people who have got into law at QMUL with AAB. But I'm pretty certain they were predicted at least A*AA. I would still take the risk, you have nothing to loose, It's only one spot. Plus u can always give them a call on results day, even if u haven't achieved A*AA. Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Try QMUL or Westminster.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.