Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi I'm just looking for some advice. I completed an art degree in 2013 but I'm looking to retrain as a physiotherapist! I have completed the relevant courses to apply for university but was wondering if I could apply for student finance or qualify for help to complete a degree. I live my husband and would not be able to afford a full time university course without help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Rdaybell

    If your course is a NHS course, you would be able to get funding to complete this through the NHS and a maintenance loan from Student finance England.
    From the 2017/2018 year the funding will be different for NHS courses and you apply for all you funding through SFE. NHS courses are classed as an exception and you are able to be funded even if you hold a degree.

The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.