What it your main critic is yourself?
    Also, I'd rather not delude myself like she has

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)

you tune yourself out of critics
    :d hahhahahah :d

ReputationRep:
    just always try and look your best and get used to looking your best
    if you look in the mirroe and say "yeah, I look damn good right now" then everybody else will probably think similarly.
    for instance, I got a pretty *****y haircut a few days ago and my confidence is lower
    as soon as my hair grows back then I'll be as confident as a mad bull
    appreciate the little aspects of yourself that are good too - it helps

ReputationRep:
    Bump if you give advice i will rep unless its PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    Trying to tell someone how to be confident is so difficult, I definitely find clothing makes a huge difference. When I drag myself to work with messy hair and leggings I feel like hiding in the corner but when I like my outfit I feel so much better. Being confident is kind of just about accepting yourself and being like hell yeah this is me. I used to be really shy mainly because I had really crooked teeth(pre-braces!) but now I could happily have a conversation with anyone!

ReputationRep:
    Not advice as such but I used to make proper eye contact with everyone i passed on the street for at least 3 seconds no matter who it was

Sounds weird af but the point was to raise confidence and improve eye contact, worked for me

ReputationRep:
    - Dress well, this helps a lot with other people's perception of you (and is good for your own confidence anyway).
    - Talk confidently (make it sound like you know what you're on about, even if you aren't as certain inside, so people are more likely to listen)
    - To a degree, stop caring about the opinions of other people. Be comfortable in your own skin.

ReputationRep:
    1) Imagine you're me :smug:

2) Work on your self-worth :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRKinder)
    - Dress well, this helps a lot with other people's perception of you (and is good for your own confidence anyway).
    - Talk confidently (make it sound like you know what you're on about, even if you aren't as certain inside, so people are more likely to listen)
    - To a degree, stop caring about the opinions of other people. Be comfortable in your own skin.
    could you define dress well please . I dont wear jeans with rips and most of the time my shoes are well kept and trendy.

I wewr hoodies,denim jacket,leather I dress more like a teen than an adult

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    could you define dress well please . I dont wear jeans with rips and most of the time my shoes are well kept and trendy.

I wewr hoodies,denim jacket,leather I dress more like a teen than an adult
    The main thing is to dress in something that you feel good in, because if you feel good about yourself then you'll naturally come across as more confident. And in regards to what classes as 'well', I didn't mean any specific outfit, but just something that will make you come across well to others. For example, a freshly ironed shirt will make you come across better to a stranger than a hoodie probably would (depending on who you were talking to, and the situation itself, obviously). But the main thing is to be confident being yourself.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.