Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

What is your module structure?

ReputationRep:
    I've been to two uni's. The first one I dropped out but their way of doing things was to do all the modules at the same time and test you at the end of the year ... it was very stressful.

The uni I'm at now does one module intensely, then two modules at the same time, then repeats all of that for the second semester for new modules. For the second year they do 3 modules in the first semester then 3 modules in the 2nd. I much prefer it this way of doing things, it's less stressful do do a module and then forget all about it.

ReputationRep:
    Mine is broken up into a mix of semester long and year long modules, for year long modules you would tend to have labs and other intermediary assessments. This year we have 5 modules in semester 1, 5 modules in semester 2, plus a year long module so it ends up being quite stressful.

ReputationRep:
    8 modules in a year, 4 in each semester. In first year this is basically split into: 2x maths modules, 2x programming modules, 2x ethics and professional practice modules and 2x theory.

Programming is mostly lab based with the odd lecture with lab sheets + assignments to do, theory and Maths are mostly lectures + problem sheets (occasional labs for theory) or quizzes and ethics/professional practice is mostly lectures with presentations/essays/reports/careers stuff.

Maths is 70% exam, theory is 70% exam, programming 60% and ethics/prof practice 50%.

CompSci

ReputationRep:
    6 modules, all year long.

Save me please.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.