Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Social Policy at Ulster University?

ReputationRep:
    Just thinking about what my son might be interested in doing at uni. He is studying a HND in Health and Social Care at the moment, and before that did the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in it. Would he be able to study Social Policy with these qualifications or will he HAVE to do the H+SC Policy degree and nothing else? Also, I know if he achieves 2 Distinctions 2 Merits and 4 Passes in his HND he will be able to enter into the 2nd yr of the H+SC Policy degree at Ulster, but does anyone know if it would be the same with Social Policy, if indeed, he was allowed to do this course? Thank you for your help.

ReputationRep:
    I'll just quote from what the Ulster University website says. " If you reach the required standard in a relevant Diploma course in FE you may apply to enter the 2nd year of the programme ". [He has BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma, worth 3 A Levels, grades DDM]. Then it says "Those who have reached an approved standard in a relevant Dip HE or Foundation Degree or Associate Bachelors may be permitted to enter the final year". I know the HND only allows entry into year 2 of the Health and Social Care Policy course, but does anyone know about Social Policy? Or will the previous two courses not be deemed similar enough and he will have to do Social Policy from the first year? [In which case he won't e able to do it, as he will have used up two years of his Undergraduate funding already]. Hope i've made myself clear. Thanks.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.