Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Which phone will satsify me to replace my S6 Edge? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am selling my S6 Edge on ebay via Auction and I have recieved an offer of 323 GBP for it.
    I want to sell this then buy a laptop after I sell my Ipad also (Im hoping to get about 160 for that.
    so about 500 pounds so I want to get a laptop and phone. So 200 for phone and 300 for laptop.

I am not too worried about the laptop. But for the phone I keep coming across different phones and I cant pick one solid choice!
    I have been looking at (EBAY PRICES : )
    LG G4 - 170
    LG G3 - 110 Cheap!
    HTC One M8 - 90-120
    One plus one - 130
    Galaxy S5 - 120
    Galaxy Note 4 - 199.99
    One plus two -... Too expensive

Someone give me guidance?
    The LG G4 seems to be the winner I think.. But I am going to miss the fingerprint and slim body of my s6 edge.
    I dont want to regret the purchase, I just want to buy the perfect replacement.

Thank you
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    You're going to be moving from a 2015 flagship and arguably the best phone of the year in general, for a £200 budget there are inevitably going to be concessions. The LG G4 is probably going to have the fewest compromises.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobwibbles)
    Hi I am selling my S6 Edge on ebay via Auction and I have recieved an offer of 323 GBP for it.
    I want to sell this then buy a laptop after I sell my Ipad also (Im hoping to get about 160 for that.
    so about 500 pounds so I want to get a laptop and phone. So 200 for phone and 300 for laptop.

I am not too worried about the laptop. But for the phone I keep coming across different phones and I cant pick one solid choice!
    I have been looking at (EBAY PRICES : )
    LG G4 - 170
    LG G3 - 110 Cheap!
    HTC One M8 - 90-120
    One plus one - 130
    Galaxy S5 - 120
    Galaxy Note 4 - 199.99
    One plus two -... Too expensive

Someone give me guidance?
    The LG G4 seems to be the winner I think.. But I am going to miss the fingerprint and slim body of my s6 edge.
    I dont want to regret the purchase, I just want to buy the perfect replacement.

Thank you
    Hi,

As you will be giving up a flagship phone of last year in exchange for a budget phone there will be some sacrifices and it all depends what you need from your phone really.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I see.. Im thinking to go cheap but pro. So maybe a flagship like the G4? Or go even older like the G2 or G3 as they are still speedy. I want to try something new but nice and powerful with fast charging.

ReputationRep:
    I switched from a Galaxy Note 5 to a Nexus 6P. Best phone I've ever owned, far superior to the Note in every way possible for me. Fingerprint sensor is spot on and never gives me problems, unlike my old Note.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I think you have the Galaxy S6 you should go back to the Galaxy S5. You'll know how it works. It won't be any kind of frustration. Buy the phone you're familiar with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emobambam)
    I think you have the Galaxy S6 you should go back to the Galaxy S5. You'll know how it works. It won't be any kind of frustration. Buy the phone you're familiar with
    In the end I have opted for the LG G4 as I like the design and size of it. My S6 felt too small tbh.

Thanks everyone !

- Now I can stop worrying about that and do some homework!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobwibbles)
    In the end I have opted for the LG G4 as I like the design and size of it. My S6 felt too small tbh.

Thanks everyone !

- Now I can stop worrying about that and do some homework!
    If you do decide to get the LG G4 then get it with a warranty, preferably manufacturer's warranty. There is a widespread bootloop problem occurring on pretty much all LG G4 phones, even after they have been repaired by LG, and LG is unlikely to fix your phone if you do not have a valid warranty, hence why third party sellers are offering surprisingly low prices.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg4/commen...re_megathread/

http://www.reddit.com/r/lgg4/comments/57j0xs/_/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subspace)
    If you do decide to get the LG G4 then get it with a warranty, preferably manufacturer's warranty. There is a widespread bootloop problem occurring on pretty much all LG G4 phones, even after they have been repaired by LG, and LG is unlikely to fix your phone if you do not have a valid warranty, hence why third party sellers are offering surprisingly low prices.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg4/commen...re_megathread/

http://www.reddit.com/r/lgg4/comments/57j0xs/_/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Noooo I have heard about it but was hoping that it wasnt that common.
    Here is the one I have just PAID for.. 185 pounds isnt bad.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1121993184...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

After hours of wasted time searching for the best replacement the G4 seemed like the perfect phone.. whyyy this have to happen to me.

Nevermind I ended up cancelling my order and buying the LG G3 which i am loving so far!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    I switched from a Galaxy Note 5 to a Nexus 6P. Best phone I've ever owned, far superior to the Note in every way possible for me. Fingerprint sensor is spot on and never gives me problems, unlike my old Note.
    So you firstly you go out of your way to get a note 5 that isn't even available in the UK and then go and upgrade to a 6p that was released at the same time? I think someone is trolling and lieing. Get a life Nexus Fanboy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebby491)
    So you firstly you go out of your way to get a note 5 that isn't even available in the UK and then go and upgrade to a 6p that was released at the same time? I think someone is trolling and lieing. Get a life Nexus Fanboy.
    Aww what a cute reply! Also going out of my way? I went on eBay and found an international seller that shipped to me. My model came from Singapore.

Here's when I purchased the Note 5:
    Name:  1.fw.png
Views: 18
Size:  178.9 KB

And here's where I later purchased the Nexus:
    Attachment 597932597934

And here's where I sold the Note a month later:
    Attachment 597932597934597900

But hey you're willing to assume I was trolling and lying so you probably think I spent all day mocking up some fake photos to fool you right? And I removed the buyer and seller details so you'll probably claim this doesn't prove anything.

Yeah I'm a Nexus fanboy because the 6P was (and still is) the best phone I've owned. Somehow that means I need to get a life? Get over yourself.

EDIT: TSR broke my photos so the second and third were added as attachments but it still makes perfect sense.
    Attached Images

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    You're going to be moving from a 2015 flagship and arguably the best phone of the year in general, for a £200 budget there are inevitably going to be concessions. The LG G4 is probably going to have the fewest compromises.
    I'd agree - I'm going to go for the G4 as well if there are any good Black Friday deals as upgrading from a 2013 flagship to a 2015 flagship will undoubtedly bring a noticeable improvement in performance (and the G4 supports 4G+ instead of the standard 4G that the S4 supports).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 24, 2016
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.