Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Applying for two different MA's in same department? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've applied to Terrorism, Security & Society MA at KCL, but I'm now thinking that their Intelligence and International Security programme might better suit my post-uni aims and be more interesting overall.

I would change around my personal statement a bit to make it more suited, but would it look bad if I kept some of the same paragraphs and generally the same structure/content?

Would it be better to try to transfer closer to September next year instead of doing that second application? Does anyone know if this is easy?

Thanks!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    If you can make a good case for applying to either program then go for it. What unis don't want to see is a generic application in which it's clear that little or no thought has gone into the PS and the applicant just wants to get in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    If you can make a good case for applying to either program then go for it. What unis don't want to see is a generic application in which it's clear that little or no thought has gone into the PS and the applicant just wants to get in.
    Ok thanks!

Upon further consideration of my statement I've been able to change it quite a bit anyway. It's just my discussion of my work experience that stays the same because it's applicable to both fields.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.