Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Just graduated and wanting to go back to college? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

I wondered if you could help or advise me. I have just graduated with an undergraduate degree from uni at the age of 24.

I have decided that my passion is not in my degree subject and I would like to go to uni again to do an art and design diploma level 3.

However I am working full time, typical office hours and I support myself as I dont get support from family.

I wondered whether I am able to go back to study at college part time? Or whether I would be able to get any sort of funding to help me?

Thanks everyone

ReputationRep:
    You could get an Advanced Learner loan to pay for the course, but there is no help with living costs or anything like that. You wouldn't get any kind of financial help or access to loans for a second university degree though. Have you considered doing an evening art class at a local college? You will probably recieve better teaching there than in formal classroom setting surrounded by 16 and 17 year olds.

Poll
Should gherkins be in burgers?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.